Statpacks

Timmy

I don't want to sound like a whacker or anything but can someone give me like a product review on statpacks. Reason being that a sports medical committee has recommended the bags and before we go out and buy 15 of them for our local sporting clubs I want the low down. I’ve had a look on their website and like the look of the Backup packs. Any info would be great! Cheers guys n gals.

• 4 months later...

Did your "word of mouth" indicate why you shouldn't buy them?

I've used one for the last 3-4 years as my personal OH S#!T kit, and I've never had any issues with it. Plenty of room for what I need, easily compartmentalized, very durable, etc...

• 10 months later...

We use them as our primary packs. Each ambulance has two bags. The first (primary) bag carries BP/steth, glucometer, thermometer, King LT's, surgical airway kit, chest decompression kit, intubation stuff, BVM, bandaging stuff, and some first-line cardiac/anaphylaxis/ACS drugs, also has a small O2 tank and a small IV start kit (250mL bag). The second bag is for IV/med supplies. It has big bags o' saline, the EZ-IO, a bunch of syringes/needles/catheters, and a ton of drugs. They work fairly well. Seem pretty durable in the 1-2 years we've been using them.

I bought a pack from Sands Canada for my latest set of teaching equipment and their Angus BT5000 is a great bag for pretty cheap. ($205 CAD). I've been really happy with it to this point though we don't use them too hard teaching first responder courses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.