HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO . . . .

WendyT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 attempts, (each) if we have the training levels avalible, but, take in time consideration and situation. IO for adult cardiac arrest, after 2 IV attempts, we just implemented IO's. Peds get IO's but stays restriticted to specific group of providers. (high risk-low volume)

I say GO jugular that is the vein I like the most.
I'm with Terri. Go big or go home :lol:.

We are aloud 2 attempts each. As Kitkat said, depending on the situation, we might use the EZ IO first.

When I give blood I also have the 2 stick rule. Alas, they seem to hit my left AC on a fairly regular basis. With a 16g no less! Can't wait to have the roles reversed. :twisted:

I draw labs where I work and all we use is butterfly needles. I generally get it the first stick, however I have only been doing it for less than 4 months so I try as many as three (depending on if me and the patient are still comfortable) than I call another. I have had very few patients not let me get to three tries.

I don't quite understand why they don't use butterflies. That is all I ever use, as I am quite comfortable with them.

I have had very few patients not let me get to three tries.

You can have 3 trys if I can hit you 3 times. If you can't get it in 2 probably never going to get it. Call someone better than you to get my blood.

You can have 3 trys if I can hit you 3 times. If you can't get it in 2 probably never going to get it. Call someone better than you to get my blood.

For the most part you are correct, however sometimes the third time is the charm.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.