ER tech interview...

:)

Hello All, have a quick question. I am a fairly new EMT-B, recently passing the exam. A bit older than my counter-parts, looking to do a career change. I am completely new to this field and have an ER tech interview this coming Tuesday. Can anyone please give me an insight into what type of questions they might ask?? Are they medical type questions, or just your standard run of the mill type interview questions?? Any help you can give would be great...thanks so much for your help!!

Questions to prepare for include: How would you like being a gopher, bed pan changer, foley cath technician, emesis bazen collection and contents analyst, whipping girl, wheel chair pusher, fat ladie's ass cheek holder, and bowel impaction digital intervention expert?

Here where I live we dont have EMT'S working in the ER as techs unless they are CNA'S.

But why waste your knowlege doing nursing stuff if you want to be an EMT then work the back of the truck if not GO to NURSING SCHOOL then work in the er.

Terr

Wrong ME never.......hey ruff ahead what do you see ME........

You dont agree with my statement?

We dont have them here.

just be yourself and answer the questions they throw at ya honestly.

an ER tech job is not rocket science stuff. It's cleaning, transporting, assisting and other stuff.

If you have a progressive ER then you might get to do stuff but more than likely you will be a scut worker doing the busy work and gopher stuff for the ER staff.

Expect to learn stuff but don't expect to be a hero.

Agreed, I am a ER Gopher/Tech. I like the job, and it sure is not rocket science. Just a stop in the road for me.

Honestly they can ask you anything. Be honest, and don't sound as if you would not ask for help with a patient. When I interviewed I remember a scenario ask of what I would do if I mother brought an non-breathing baby to me in the waiting room? And other questions like... Explain the last time you were late for work? What do you do at your current job? Why are you leaving? Just be prepared for that kind of stuff.

Good Luck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.