Don't mix cardiac drugs?

DwayneEMTP

I say....is it normal if there are PVCs???

might be normal for that patient. I would not treat the PVCs either, unless the patient is symptomatic - showing signs of poor perfusion. Ditto for PACs and PJCs as well.

might be normal for that patient. I would not treat the PVCs either, unless the patient is symptomatic - showing signs of poor perfusion. Ditto for PACs and PJCs as well.

Maybe normal for the patient, but the correct terminology should be addressed. A normal sinus rhythm is just that, normal rate, rhythm, and all intervals within normal ranges. If there are deviations, PVCs, then not NSR, but sinus with the PVC.

like was said, semantics..but correctly labeling the rhythm will help convey findings to other caregivers.

I agree that no treatment is necessary for this patient save oxygen and monitoring. After history and transport, if it stays benign, then possibly normal for patient. If the NREMT need pharmacy, then the 1-1.5 mg/kg with repeat of 0.5-0.75 mg/kg is correct to my knowledge.

It would appear that semantics play an important role to this proctor?

OK, since you have already been given great information and advice, I had nothing left to add, except......

You said " NORMAL sinus rhythm with PVCs"

I say....is it normal if there are PVCs???

Maybe it is just a Sinus rhthym with PVCs instead of a normal one....

I know, its all semantics but hey...

Hell...

Semantics are very important I believe...Thanks for the correction.

Dwayne

Something I was taught in addition to the adage of "bring home the one, you brought to the dance"...

Is that a memory aid for something? Not being sarcastic, I just happen to love memory aids... :wink:

Dwayne

It was an old memory aid back in the days of Lidocaine versus Bretylium. Choose one or another, in other words don't push Lido then hang Cordarone... If you push one thing and it works, then hang it respectively...

R/r 911

Ah...got it. Thanks Rid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.