The 3-yr. old asks, "Why?"

StickEm

And as I have discovered, on multiple occasions, the d*** search feature, keyword or not, doesn't always work.

Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question, even if it has been asked 234,746,239,346,637 times. Sometimes, the re-asking leads to a decent conversation.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. you want an answer HERE it is:

I got into EMS over 23 years ago. At the time I became an EMT, New York State did not recognize NR... so, what did I need it for. a year later i became an AEMT-3 (equal to NREEMT-I/85) and again ,,,, N.Y. does not recognize so why bother. a couple of years after that became an EMT-P. I was offered the Registry during my class, I think they wanted like 75 0or $100. for the testing.. but once again NY does not recognize, NR. So why spend $100. for NR when NYS does not recognize it. After thinking about moving south to FLA. or MD where I am currently, I decided to go for NR.....(because I needed it.)

As for the accreditation thing,,,, I dont know what that is all about. You should be able to challenge the N.R. test, as long as your EMT or medic course complys with the DOT National Standard curriculum. That is the key wording. When I applied for NR they asked for info. from my original NY medic class so I had to send for transcripts, but after NR received them,, there was NO PROBLEM.

Even if a program is not accreditted , you could probably still get NR if you went to an approved NR refresher course, and then sat for the test. check with NR for details.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.