Statements made under sedation, especially versed

fireflymedic

What are some of the oddest statements you have ever heard someone say while under versed? I recently had a medic tell me of a patient he had who made statements that they NEVER would have said if not influenced by versed (pt was very conservative). Anyhow, how much experience have you had with this and what was the strangest thing you have heard said?

I wasn't my patient but a medic was telling me about a patient he had who was in a bad wreck. He (the patient) was convinced he was dying. His wife met the ambualnce at the hospital. The man was in and out of consciousness and during a weak moment took his wife's hand and said,

"Honey, I have to tell you something."

Wife: "Yes dear"

Husband: "You need to know that I cheated on you with your cousin"

The wife looked at the medic and he told her it must be the medication.

Well, months later this same medic ran into the guy (yep, that's right, he lived) only to find out that he had cheated on his wife and he was going to be a Daddy in a couple of months. The kicker to the story. It wasn't with just one cousin, it was two cousins on the same night. Now that's keeping it in the family.

What are some of the oddest statements you have ever heard someone say while under versed? I recently had a medic tell me of a patient he had who made statements that they NEVER would have said if not influenced by versed (pt was very conservative). Anyhow, how much experience have you had with this and what was the strangest thing you have heard said?

Well i can tell one on my self and that the PT may sound lost and incoherant, but may be more altogether than you think, but just have expressive aphasia. I personally was the patient, i got mad at a nurse and was yelling "who has the pink bottle, get rid of the pink bottle" what pink bottle? what do you want us to do with the pink bottle? "shove it up your @ss for all i care just get rid of it!

What was the pink bottle, Wal-mart sold a generic perfume in a pink bottle and for some reason an EMT on shift, transporting me was wearing either the "pink bottle perfume" or the origional perfume, As it was the perfume my ex girlfriend wore ,who i was on bad terms with at the time, i didnt want "her" around.

so incohereant speech had a true meaning behind it, it made sense in my head just not to the rest of the world.

Same ambulance trip as the PT. i was flown to another hospital (fixed wing) to rule out an anurysm, and when i got out of the bird and was in the ground ambulance they asked me where i was and where i was going, i replied probably close to eastern state, (eastern state is the mental hospital.) the Medic was "oh no you are going to sacred heart." Well yeah i know that! then fell back asleep,

The flight crew checked in on me 2 days later and asked me about the strange things i said, and i explained, yes i thought we landed at a diffrent airport and had we landed there, we would have been driving by the turn off to eastern state hospital estimating by how long i had been riding,

So again no matter how whacked the PT may sound, it makes sence in their head, and may remember what was said. Something i learned doing alot of mental health transports a few years ago...

so there the fireman tells a story on him self

Fireman1037

• 2 weeks later...

I had a ten year old female patient once who was running and slidiing on her grassy lawn and ended up straddling a sprinkler head, which created a particularly nasty vulvar laceration. She was handling the injury okay, but we didn't figure she was going to handle the repair efforts quite as well, so we hit her with a little Vitamin V. During the entire procedure, and even as she left, she just giggled and laughed and kept repeating, "I am SOOOOOOOoooooooooo HAPPY!!" ;)

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.