Locating Books...

I am trying to locate the following books for my paramedic course. I don't mind used (as long as they are in good shape). But some of the prices are insane!!!

REQUIRED SEMESTER 1:

Emergency Care In The Streets (just ordered)

Advanced Cardiac Life Support

Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support 6th Ed.

Advanced Medical Life Support 3rd Ed.

ACLS Spiral Handbook

Pass Paramedic Video

REQUIRED SEMESTER 2:

ECG Made Easy 3rd Ed.

ECG Made Easy Study Cards

12 Lead Art of Interpretation

Pediatric Advanced Life Support

Pediatric Emergency Pre-Hospital Provider 2nd Ed.

Geriatric Emergency Medical Service

OPTIONAL BOOKS:

(Semester 1)

Why Driven EMS Enrichment

Dictionary for Allied Health 5th Ed.

Emergency Care in the Streets Workbook

(Semester 2)

EMT Paramedic Review

Paramedic Refresher & Review

*some stuff had been repeated for semester 2, thus left out*

Now, I just noticed a couple are very affordable, but I just left them in because I'm going to bookmark the thread to use as a reference back when I go to order many of them later.

why is it your responsibility to procure the books for your class??? The books should be included in the course but you still have to pay for them.

Unless these books are recommended and are additional books.

The school should also be able to get a quantity discount if they purchased the books all together.

Ruff I am seeing more and more schools leaving books out of the costs. This lets the students bargain hunt. I have had students mention they can get the same book cheaper and I guess many schools have decided to let them try. And for years colleges have just had a list of books and you had to go buy your books from campus book store or elsewhere, seperate from the course costs.

Ruff I am seeing more and more schools leaving books out of the costs. This lets the students bargain hunt. I have had students mention they can get the same book cheaper and I guess many schools have decided to let them try. And for years colleges have just had a list of books and you had to go buy your books from campus book store or elsewhere, seperate from the course costs.

Yea what he said.

wow it really has been a long time since medic school. all our books were provided.

I know in college that I had to go get the books and pay for them but they were in the college bookstore.

Oh well, you live and learn.

I might be able to help you find the books you need.

wow it really has been a long time since medic school. all our books were provided.

I know in college that I had to go get the books and pay for them but they were in the college bookstore.

Oh well, you live and learn.

I might be able to help you find the books you need.

She can get them from the college book store but they will be alot more expensive, she is trying to get them as cheap as possible.