Jewish ambulance workers seek relief

pacman

Hatzolah is a great orgaization. However the wat they operate sometimes draws the ire of the local municipality. What passaic PD is doing is wrong.

Welcome to the city.............

For those of us that don't quite know a whole lot about the organization, can you tell us why they are "great". Also explain why the PD is so wrong. Give us another side to the story..........................

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatzolah is a volunteer EMS service. It is comprised of Jewish EMT's and Paramedics that volunteer their time to help others in need. In New York it serves the 5 Boroughs. They help anyone who needs their assistance regarledd if your jewish or not. anyone can call their emergency number (718) 230-100 and assistance will be there to help.

The police are jealous that Hatzolah members are allowed to have Emergency lights and sirens in their cars. Hatzolah uses a two tiered response system. The closest EMT's are dispatched in their personal vehicles in which they have a trauma bag, and medical kit. Another Member heads to the garage to pick up a bus.

hatzolah memebers also have plaques issued from the DOT allowing them to park illeagally at the scene of an emergency. The plaques are abused somewhat which gets the police upset.

The police are jealous that Hatzolah members are allowed to have Emergency lights and sirens in their cars. Hatzolah uses a two tiered response system. The closest EMT's are dispatched in their personal vehicles in which they have a trauma bag, and medical kit. Another Member heads to the garage to pick up a bus.

WTF does having lights in POVs have to do with it? Lights in POVs aren't reserved just for Hatzolah the way you are making it sound. I can have lights if I want.

hatzolah memebers also have plaques issued from the DOT allowing them to park illeagally at the scene of an emergency. The plaques are abused somewhat which gets the police upset.

Parking illegally eh? If there is legal parking available why don't you try that first. I've had run ins with the same local service involved in the complaint. The ones I encountered tend to have an attitude toward other services and LEO. When you give attitude the LEO won't be very cooperative with you. AND I've never heard of a special plaque issued by the state to park illegally. Show us the gov link showing they exist because I would really like to see that.

I'm sorry but I side with Passaic PD on this case.

The plaque gives them the right to park by a fite hydrant, the wrong way etc. during an emergency.

You need to be an emergency vehicle to have the rights to lights and sirens in your POV.

Yes some of these individuals have attitude issues, But dont let them speak for the organizationn as a whole.

In New Jersey, volunteers are legally allowed to have at most TWO blue lights in their personal vehicles to repond to emergency medical calls. I know that many people seem to think that two means ten.

Here is the pdf form regarding this issue.

However, no volunteer member may have a siren in their personal vehicle unless they are a chief or anything of similar command. Even then, this individual would be allowed to use a red light.

I never heard of the DOT issuings special plaques to illegally park at emergency scenes. However, if these plaques are in fact abused, then local law enforcement has every right to ticket and/or tow the vehicle.

And to top it off....they were NOT at an emergency when these vehicles were ticketed or in the process of towing which is SAID IN THE ARTICLE.

David Kaplan, 25, of Passaic, who founded the local branch of Hatzolah, an international ambulance corps staffed by volunteers in many orthodox Jewish neighborhoods, confronted police Sunday who had ticketed an ambulance parked the wrong way on Reid Avenue, around the corner from Hatzolah headquarters at 243 Van Houten Ave.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this post a while ago but had to gather mental energy to reply this without getting furious.

For the sake of proper disclosure I have to state that according to the Nuremberg Laws and my mother, I am a 100% Jewish.

Why is this relevant to anything? It isn't to most people.

It should not be, but it is to this article, because what I am about to say in our politically correct world is harder to say by anyone other than a Jew, a Hebe, a Kike - you get the idea - since they might be accused of uttering the explicit name.

I have never met any Hatzolas from NJ, but this organization exists in Israel too, where I live. Some of them are very skilled, most are not.

Whoever wants to help others - on any excuse, let it be a Mitzvah or anything else on earth - let them. As a human being I really don't care who they are, where they are or if they want to show off the numbers on their arms. As a former medic I do expect them to know the job and respect the laws, if they are in EMS and especially if they wish to be representing a cultural or ethnic group which for some unexplainable reason got mixed with Emergency Medical decisions.

I can still state my opinion at this particular case: THERE ARE STATE LAWS. If you park where it is forbidden - no matter who you are - you should take responsibility for the outcome. It's as simple as that, and I am glad they were toed.

What they did later - hinting of being discriminated and vaguely accusing the police of doing that on purpose - is even worse. It's not just breaking US laws - it's violating the Jewish law and being jerks in general. There is enough true antisemitism in the world, no need for Kaplan to use this word falsly. Or rather aggressively use a political momentum and the media to promote a very certain group; since the group is defined by racial and genderal (yes! only men!) acceptance codes, and since it appears that the group does see itself as superior to others ("their" laws do not apply on Hatzola?), I don't see why this case doesn't fit the dictionary definition of racism. By the Hatzola guys, not the NJ PD.

Derech Eretz, Kaplan. If you must break a few ethical laws to get votes at some hellhole in the New World, why on my back? Be responsible for the rest of the ant farm too.

If there are any NJ Hatzola guys among the members here - I call you to explain this.

PS: Yes, throughout this reply I did misuse my own Ethnicity Powers (or whatever) to dramatically say things that could be said in a more civilized way. Yes, it was intentional. I think this is exactly what they are doing there... and I think the accusations are not addressed to the NJPD or to the unorthodox US public. I hope the way I said it didn't hurt anyone, and that it helped to clarify my idea. AND I lingered in a "no parking" zone doing that.

Damn... it's all because I am.. you know.

VS, your turn :wink:.

VS has to respond before I can?

Nah - I'm going to jump on anyway.

There are reasons for no-parking areas. such as access by fire, police,and other high-needs groups. It bugs the hell out of me when people call discrimination on the most tenuous basis possible, or even worse, cover their own mistakes with the excuse.

And on a side note- why the hell would the police care at all if some vols get to have lights and sirens on their POVs? If they are illegally parked, they are illegally parked,

Simple!

That was too funny!

I remember one time, when I was interviewing for a job, the interviewer asked for a copy of my social security card, however she immediately said " Its not because I think you're an illegal or anything!"

• Being hispanic does not mean I'm an illegal alien. I'm a U.S. born citizen, thank you.

Being hispanic does not mean I'm automatically Mexican. I'm of Ecuadorian decent.

I actually do speak and write Spanish, but I bet I know more English than most Americans.

However, I smiled and shrugged it off because ironically, the interviewer was also hispanic....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.