Unconscious

ERDoc

OK RTA = Rapid Trauma Assessment

The H&H thing was just a joke for someone else on the forum disregard it

If her GCS is so low how does she have a gag relex or am i picking nits

Dude, if you are picking nits, you have much bigger problems than this lady's gag reflex. :lol: PM me and we'll set you up an appointment for treatment. :wink:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The EKG licks possibly like a right sided MI with depressions and QRS widening in I,AVL, V3,V,V6, also maybe a BBB

OK, can't let it go. You've talked about licks and nits in you last few posts. We seriously need to talk. :lol: No harm intended Sdowler, just thought it was funny.

Sdowler, look at this patients presentation, medication list, then the 12 lead. Why are the QRS complexes wide? I am chomping at the bit to say my working diagnosis, but I will refrain. :lol:

Take care,

chbare.

Indeed it can, especially in this case. However, I want some of the other members to research and come up with the answer on their own.

Take care,

chbare.

Alright I'll take a stab... If no one else will put themselves on the chopping block.

Elavil is a tricyclic antidipressant, used to treat depression as well as some chronic pain.

Signs of overdose include (but not limited to) Dysrhythmias, changes in QRS - width and axis. CNS depression, seizure, dialated pupils, vomiting, hypotension.... etc etc

Management

OPA/NPA for now tube as soon as she will tolerate it.

12 lead - continue 3 lead watch for dysrhythmias

O2

IV TKO

Transport rapid to ER

If she wakes up Activated charcoal goes in...Otherwise gastric lavage in the ER.

OK let me have it... :lol:

Now that somebody else answered, this is also my diagnosis.

TCA's are harmful when overdosed by three general mechanisms.

1) Cardiac Toxicity: They block fast sodium channels and you can clearly see the effect in the 12 lead. You may see heart blocks and lethal rhythms develop.

2)Anticholinergic effects: You see the altered mentation, pupil changes (dilation), fever, and many other neurological effects.

3) Alpha blockade: Hypotension.

My treatment would include:

-Aggressive airway management.

-Sodium bicarbonate therapy.

-Supportive care and seizure precautions.

-Possible initiation of vasopressors. (I think norepinephrine would be the med of choice related to it's strong alpha effects.)

Take care,

chbare.

3)