Bash nurses here

Lets see I have heard some classic lines from nurses: Some nursing home, some hospital.

We think it was a syncopal episode without a loss of consciousness.

He is afebrile with a temp of 102 rectally.

He isn't unresponsive nurse Kim he is dead, No he isn't he just unresponsive. Ummmm....No he dosent have a pulse. You cant get a good pulse on someone who is unresponsive. Is he breathing? No I am pretty sure he isn't breathing if he dosent have a pulse. :lol:

Some radio reports:

Enroute with a 29 yom with a penetrating gsw to the upper right chest. Nurse: Well which is it penetrating or GSW.

Enroute with a 58 yom full arrest. Attempting ALS interventions enroute ETA 3 mins any questions. Nurse: What are the pts vitals.

I work with many competent nurses. I thought these were a few of the funnier ones.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We once had an LPN at a Nursing home tell us to ensure the " breathing difficulty " patient receive a CAT scan and an MRI once we arrived at the ED. :roll:

Apparently, unbeknownst to Florence Nightingale, sitting up a 350 lb woman will relieve her shortness of breath. Go figure. :wink:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Damn it jake you werent suspose to tell that story ........LMAO

and I know if marty reads this thread he will tell the smurf story too :(:(:(

We brought in a 32 y/o/f "difficulty breathing as a result of chemical inhalation (third trip). The two previous trip brought her no relief. Talking to the admit nurse and she states, "yeah, I know who she is, she was in here last night for an ear ache." I quickly corrected her and she sat there and argued with me saying, "She knows, she was here". Well, she pulled out the admit roster and points to the patient she was referring to. I quickly just had to throw in there, "I realize they are both hispanic but that my dear is the wrong name. This is the right one and look, she was seen for difficulty breathing." Her response was, "Well, they all look alike". I wanted to bitch-slap her right on the spot.

I started a bash ALS some where on here but I think the Paramedics are hiding it.

Umm nope not hidden you just need to put your glasses on......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Umm nope not hidden you just need to put your glasses on......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now that was just mean to imply that commanche is getting old because she needs glasses. Start playing nice or I'll have to report you. :twisted: