Scenario-4 wheeler accident

broken

Well, well, well... I am surprised that no has brought this thread to my attention before now.

After reading the posts, I am electing not to lock it at this time. All parties participating seem to be holding their own and it has not deteriorated like others in the past. A lot of good topics, that hopefully will be discussed IN OTHER, NEW THREADS have surfaced.

I will be keeping and eye on this one.

Admin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're making a lot of silly assumptions about medicine and the law that only somebody who watches too much television would make.

Dude- "Saved" is the bomb! :puke:

If such a hatchet job was done on you, everybody you named would have settled. Lawyers would be jumping at the opportunity to represent you.

I sincerely feel bad for the pain and suffering you endured. You however chose to get on that 4 wheeler, and the consequences are now yours to deal with. We are not guaranteed a 100% recovery from anything. I am sure the MD didn't promise you that.

Yes maybe their were mistakes made. I don't know I wasn't there I can only tell you what I would have done.

I do however think you are confused at who is at fault here. A femur fx is a considerable injury. That being said. If your treatment was uneventful that does not guarantee you wont walk with a limp, or have accompanied pain.

Well, well, well... I am surprised that no has brought this thread to my attention before now.

After reading the posts, I am electing not to lock it at this time. All parties participating seem to be holding their own and it has not deteriorated like others in the past. A lot of good topics, that hopefully will be discussed IN OTHER, NEW THREADS have surfaced.

I will be keeping and eye on this one.

Admin

Don't worry Admin., we will play nice as usual :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!:

I'm thinking at this point this is a ficticious scenario. Following are my reasons why:

1. You state you had a closed femur fracture

2. You also state you shattered your femur

3. You also state that you had no other injuries

4. Then you state that you had a laceration with metal sticking in the muscle

5. You state you felt little pain (high pain tolerance)

6. Then you state that you received no pain meds

7. You state that EMTs cared for you

8. EMTs can't give pain meds how can you fault them for that

9. You state the firemonkeys did everything right

10. I beg to differ. MOI dictates that you should have been collared immediately and then backboarded. They did neither.

11. It is standard procedure to roll a patient to check for additional injuries. Like the EMTs are gonna take the word of first responders. EMTs barely have enough training to spot life threats and more than likely don't. They are trained however to spot more injuries than a first responder.

12. You say the EMTs kidnapped you. Your desire was to go to a non-trauma hospital and per your State's protocols, you MUST be taken to a trauma hospital or refuse transport.

13. You say you were threatened by the EMTs in the ambulance en-route to the hospital. Maybe you should have immediately pressed charges against them.

14. You say the doctor wouldn't let you leave the ED. They can't keep you there. All you had to do once in the ED was refuse treatment, sign out AMA, and have your emergency contact come get you and take you to the hospital of your choice.

15. You say you are suing. If all this really happened, everyone involved would want to settle without going to court.

16. You say if you don't win in court you are going to publicly humiliate all those involved. I would have major concerns about this if I were you. First off, if you ever need the services of EMS again, how quick do you think they are going to be to respond? Secondly, when ALL the facts of all sides of the story and those invovled come to light, who's going to look like the idiot?

My feeling is that you are a person who for some reason feels you were slighted and are looking for attention where ever you can get it. You have made the decision that you are unhappy with your life and now you want to make everyone else's lives just as miserable. I know people like you and it truly is sad. I will pray for you that you find happiness. I will also remind you that while you're sitting here whining and bitching, there are soldiers across the world who are losing their lives and limbs to protect YOUR freedoms and the freedoms of your fellow Americans.

Buck up, be happy with what you have, and enjoy your life and freedom. You never know when it will all be taken away.

I'm thinking at this point this is a ficticious scenario.

Good call. The same thought has crossed my mind.

Yes, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. But although the scenario itself is quite believable, this guy is just so absurd that I'm thinking somebody is just having fun with us.

Kind of hard to be active in pursuit when your sitting in a wheelchair.

Kind of hard not to be mad at an EMT when all they had to do is take you to the hospital you wanted top go to and this couldve been avoided.

Kind of hard to go thru the same suregery 2x in 60 days.

And FYI,Hospital is wanting to settle and every lawyer says my "malpractice" case with the EMT's is not strong enough to take on.Hence why im taking my settlement $$$$ and suing the EMT's.

katebemeEMT and Dustdevil,you guys cant read and are bad EMT's.Not once have I said anything about lacerations.Not once.

And FYI,Hospital is wanting to settle and every lawyer says my "malpractice" case with the EMT's is not strong enough to take on.Hence why im taking my settlement $$$$ and suing the EMT's.

I had planned not to get involved with this BS again but WOW you just proved what we have said that possibly hospital was responsible. Now even lawyers have told you, no case against EMT's, but your going to sue them anyway. You need to save your money and move on. Yes you can sue, heck I can sue you for some of the statements you made on here, I would not win but I could sue and some lawyer would laugh all the way to the bank with my money, just like they will with yours if you continue this nonsense. Invest what you get for the future and move on. I hope you a speedy recovery physically and also for the mental trauma you have suffered.

Spend some of that money on a psychotherapist. He or she will listen to your description of your woes without all the less-than-sympathetic feedback. :D

Then turn a wad of it into singles and hit a strip club. Loosen up, dude! 8)

Hey Broken,

You have received sound advise from several people here that know a hell of a lot more about what your treatment should have been than you. As I previously stated, you will never see a penny from any of the EMT's or their employers. The hospital may be a different story, however irrelevant to this forum.

I've been looking into this a little and I think I have found what I am looking for, but I have a question that I'd like clarification on. Who is hospital "C"? You said that you didn't want to go to hospital "B", a trauma center, but that "C" was only 2 miles further and also was a trauma center. I will agree with you that trauma care in Alabama is sub par, but there are only three trauma centers in the state, UA-Birmingam (the only College of Surgeons rated level 1), USA-Mobile, and Huntsville Hospital. None of which are within 2 miles of each other. I thought perhaps you were talking about Vandy or Erlanger, but neither of them would be close enough. So the only possibility is that you were to be transported to one of the three Alabama trauma centers, but requested one in another state (Florida, Georgia, Tennessee) or vice versa. That being the case, you may wish to consider the possibility that you could not be transported across state lines thus the "its the law" comment. Also as per your states EMS regulation, section 8.5 specifically, if there is a reasonable belief in any underlying trauma, then transport to an APPROVED trauma center is indicated.

You are obviously very determined to describe wrong doing. Why not start naming some name's????

BTW - Please remember that larger private companies have several divisions. Not all are equal, some are good, some are great, some are horrible. The one you describe does have some decent people, but alas some that are not so decent. They cover a lot of turf, so without knowing geographically where you tested the laws of physics, its hard to make a judgment.

Anyways, as previously stated, god-speed and the best of luck......