Sicko

Scaramedic

Will you see the film?  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • HELL NO, Micheal Moore is a fat commie bastard!!
    • HELL YES, I'm moving to Cuba for their excellent healthcare!!

... If I KNOW someone is a liberal, fascist narcissist, why on Earth would I want to expose myself....

Do they have to be all three or is just one enough?*

... watching the mentally-challenged obese in our population expound on topics....

Would you listen if they were not obese?

*I didn't know if you are grouping narcissists and fascists as one category, as they can be mutually exclusive, so maybe I should say two if that is the case.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was forced to watch Roger and Me in college for an intro sociology class. At that point it became obvious that Moore doesn't look for facts, he simply starts filming with the goal of illustrating what he already thinks about the subject. His methods to achieve this goal are careful video editing, misdirection, exaggeration, misquoting, ommision of context, and outright harassment of his chosen target.

My grammar and spelling sucks, remind me to check it before I post on a thread. Got to remember that I am going to be graded on that rather than my actually knowledge and experience.

We have graded your knowledge here in the past, and that turned out about as well for you as this is.

...and a burning desire to firebomb a church of scientology (intentionally lower case).

The quality of puns found regularly here at EMT City is second to none! :)

We have graded your knowledge here in the past, and that turned out about as well for you as this is.

The quality of puns found regularly here at EMT City is second to none! :)

Even though I see many of your comments as negative I respect them. Please do the same with me. I like to be corrected as being wrong and not having it pointed out to me is worse. I encourage you to find more positive ways of pointing out others weaknesses.

Thank You, yes I am working on my spelling, and grammar day by day, but many times when I am posting in between a busy day at the ER I forget the little things.

I still see myself as a good health care provide even if others (who don't even really know me) don't.

Do they have to be all three or is just one enough?*

I spent two years in grad school with a bunch of liberals. I have no problem with liberals, they are often fun to aggravate. Fascists I have less tolerance for because they obviously do not have a clue. Narcissists could care less what I think, so why should I waste my energy?

Would you listen if they were not obese?

*I didn't know if you are grouping narcissists and fascists as one category, as they can be mutually exclusive, so maybe I should say two if that is the case.

Their obesity or dearth of girth (I amuse myself, lol) is irrelevant. I was merely pointing out the obvious fact that Michael Moore is obese (I think it is obvious that he is mentally challenged as well, but that may have a tinge of opinion).

I would agree with three, not two. I was referring to him as a narcissist who happens to also be fascist and liberal. Since all three words can be used as a noun or an adjective, it becomes almost as difficult to understand as how anyone could think that Hillary has a snowball's chance in hell of winning in 08.

Was that my outside voice? Damn, I need to keep my internal dialogue to myself.

... I spent two years in grad school with a bunch of liberals. ...

....I was merely pointing out the obvious fact that Michael Moore is obese....

Obviously you learned a lot. It shows. Apparently, sometimes more education is not always a positive factor.

liberal, and fascist ?

communist<-----------liberal-----------------------------conservative------------->fascist

Oxymoron.

Although Moore isn't exactly a paragon of journalistic ethics, I think that Sicko is actually quite devoid of liberal/conservative bias, and raises the question of whether a private, for profit health care system is in the best interests of its patients. Not only that, but is it ethically, or morally defensible to operate health care in such a manner?

That said, Canada's public health system is hardly the paradise Moore would have us believe, as I'm sure anyone in this country knows, we too face overcrowded waiting rooms, long waits for some important medical procedures, as well as huge fiscal expenditures and shortfalls.

liberal, and fascist ?

communist<-----------liberal-----------------------------conservative------------->fascist

Oxymoron.

While I admire your attempt to illustrate your argument logically, you unfortunately fail because of your misunderstanding of the term "fascist." Fascism has no imperitive relationship to liberalism or conservatism. It is a system of intolerant enforcement that can be applied to either or both.

Fascism has no imperitive relationship to liberalism or conservatism. It is a system of intolerant enforcement that can be applied to either or both.

Yeah! What Dust said!

Obviously you learned a lot. It shows. Apparently, sometimes more education is not always a positive factor.

Brilliant reply chaser. Apparently posting a reply is not always a positive factor.

One can have dozens of diplomas and still be vacuous. As has been noted and discussed many times on these forums, education alone does not make you smart, or competent, or pleasant, or anything else. Education is a tool.

Michael Moore is fat. Absolutely zero education is required to observe that. Michael Moore is a babbling idiot. Again, zero education required, but some are blinded by their insistence on supporting a political perspective in the face of overwhelming evidence that their core beliefs are based on false truths.

You can lead a (hu)man to the obvious, but you cannot make them accept it.

...Michael Moore is fat. Absolutely zero education is required to observe that...

And this is relevant to the point in some manner?

...education alone does not make you smart, or competent, or pleasant, or anything else..

Yes, I would agree with this in certain cases.