Sicko

Scaramedic

Will you see the film?  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • HELL NO, Micheal Moore is a fat commie bastard!!
    • HELL YES, I'm moving to Cuba for their excellent healthcare!!

No, but by not checking it out places it in the category of censorship by proxy. Why not check all things out, and make a decision from there?

Do you go see every movie that is released? Why not?

Sounds awful expensive to me. Especially when I can get better quality entertainment here at EMT City for free!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you go see every movie that is released?....

Ok, touche. No, I don't. Sorry, don't want to go see "Girls Gone Wild 2, 3, or 4.." (And whatever you hear or see, that was not me in any of those scenes...)And yes, I guess I am cheap, as I rely on you and EMT City for thrills. You have never let me down before.

No, but by not checking it out places it in the category of censorship by proxy. Why not check all things out, and make a decision from there?

So if you like to check all things out have you seen Fahrenhype 911 or read Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man?

Peace,

Marty

It seems as if people are trying to mould the definition of "censorship" to suit their own puroposes these days. If nobody goes to your movie or buys your CDs, you're being "censored" now. The Dixie Chicks being the most recent example of faux censorship whiners, but liberals have been trying to float that stinker for decades now. Amazing how they'll throw out such a blatantly spurious argument when it suits them, yet just as readily deny the Constitution when it doesn't suit them. No conscience whatsoever.

Censorship is me preventing you from speaking, not me deciding not to listen.

I will see it on video, so that I don't bother anyone else by my comments. I have quite a few negative comments on health insurance, just from working in an ER for 3 months. I have heard quite a few stories from many other staff. Are health care system sucks. I haven't seen any of his movies before, but I really relate more to this movie being a health care provider.

When I had to get a skin graph for a 3rd degree burn insurance try to tell the doctor over the phone that it is not needed, and they will not pay for it. Since when did the insurance companies decide your treatment rather than doctors?

Are health care system sucks.

I have to agree. When people who don't know the difference between "are" and "our" can be a "health care provider," you know that we have serious problems.

When I had to get a skin graph for a 3rd degree burn insurance try to tell the doctor over the phone that it is not needed, and they will not pay for it. Since when did the insurance companies decide your treatment rather than doctors?

Doctors that work for the insurance company are the ones that tell them this. Doctors frequently disagree, ya know, just like we do here.

I have to agree. When people who don't know the difference between "are" and "our" can be a "health care provider," you know that we have serious problems.

Doctors that work for the insurance company are the ones that tell them this. Doctors frequently disagree, ya know, just like we do here.

My grammar and spelling sucks, remind me to check it before I post on a thread. Got to remember that I am going to be graded on that rather than my actually knowledge and experience.

The insurance company had the cost in mind not my care. And he wasn't talking to a doctor, I know that for sure. My doctor had my best care in mind not trying to save the insurance company $$$. I got the skin graph as it was needed.

...Censorship is me preventing you from speaking, not me deciding not to listen.

This is a great point Dust, and I agree. I used censorship in the wrong capacity, let me clarify. I feel if there is an issue I am interested in, I like to hear as much information as possible. From there, I will form my own opinion. I see no logic in boycotting a possible source of information because I don't like them or their reputation. I think this can set a self imposed censorship, that is, one that hinders the ability of forming an individual, objective opinion. I should have used better terminology.

self imposed censorship

I prefer to call it "protecting my mental health". The term "garbage in - garbage out" comes to mind. If I KNOW someone is a liberal, fascist narcissist, why on Earth would I want to expose myself to the inanity that they spew? If I found watching the mentally-challenged obese in our population expound on topics with no evidence to substantiate their views entertaining, then I guess I would watch it. I know, however, that if I were to subject myself to his diatribe, I would merely leave the theater with a dangerously elevated blood pressure and a burning desire to firebomb a church of scientology (intentionally lower case).