Sicko

Scaramedic

Will you see the film?  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • HELL NO, Micheal Moore is a fat commie bastard!!
    • HELL YES, I'm moving to Cuba for their excellent healthcare!!

So on a Nursing site the following subject came up. I have seen their opinions I am curious about the EMS opinion. I know I am in dangerous waters here but it should be an interesting comparison.

The subject...

Michael Moore's new film "Sicko"[/font:06e2f6fda1]

Peace,

Marty

EdiT: I misspelled Michael with big fat commie bastard!!! :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Bowling for Columbine and I own Fahrenheit 9/11. I respect his work. I don't agree with all of it, but I respect it. He goes to great lenghts to show his point and try and prove them. I know he embelleshes quite a bit, but you have to look for you own research.

I haven't read or heard much on this movie, just rumblings from co workers. I will probably see it on DVD when it comes out, not worth paying $8 for.

I respect his work. I don't agree with all of it, but I respect it. He goes to great lenghts to show his point and try and prove them. I know he embelleshes quite a bit, but you have to look for you own research.

I don't get it. Why do you "respect" that?

If all the guy does is bend the truth to make a "point" that he hasn't adequately researched to conclude, as you say is necessary, then how does he earn your respect? I honestly would have thought that you would require more than that before you gave your respect away.

He doesn't bend everything he does. He has quite a few valid agruments, and I respect his devotion to his causes. I dont agree with the times he has to strech the truth to make his point.

Bowling for Columbine was a good movie. He did have quite a few vaild arguements. I do respect that movie even though I don't agree with all he has to say.

9/11 on the other hand. That movie I loved when it came out. F U Bush! Yeah! War bad!

Then I grew up some.

I researched on my own, and realized it was a crock of shiat.

It had some points, but, he made them the wrong way. I want to get ahold of his other movies, the not so popular ones, to see what his true style is like.

The only movie of his I have seen was Roger and Me. I thought it was a really good movie, though it has been a few years since I have seen it. I still want to see the others. You better believe I will be seeing this one. I love the commercial where they have Bush saying something about OB/GYNs not being able to practice thier love with their patients. I don't know the full context, but the sound bite sure is funny.

I think it sounds interesting, I will see it. I see nothing wrong with checking it out. From that point on, you can draw your own conclusions and opinions, and if you feel so inclined, do your own further research. By merely boycotting by association seems a bit narrow minded.

By merely boycotting by association seems a bit narrow minded.

And simply going to see anything he does is less narrow minded?

...And simply going to see anything he does is less narrow minded?

No, but by not checking it out places it in the category of censorship by proxy. Why not check all things out, and make a decision from there?