What should I have done!

emtkat

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have titles like lieutenant, captain, corporal. This isn't the freak'n military.

Whackerism. Unoriginality. Those would be my top two guesses. You could possibly say "tradition," but that pretty much goes back to whackerism and unoriginality too.

Personally, I like "Big Cheese," "Big Kahuna," and "Grande Poobah."

In our department we are only an ILS (no paramedics). So the way you become a Lt. is by being there the longest...And since he has been there for 3 years, he got promoted. Sad isn't it.

We didn't put the straps on in the back of the ambulance because, the Lt. didn't want them on her and told me NOT to put them on. And being new I thought I would get in big trouble for going against his order. I stated second guessing my self because I was new and he had been there for 3 years so he should know right.......... lol boy have I learned a lot since then!

~Emtkat~

I would have written in the PCR that "EMT or Medic # XXXXXX" requested that the patient be boarded, but not fully immobilized, strapped, etc. That way, when it came time for a posterior to be kicked, it could be directed in the proper manner.

I would have written in the PCR that "EMT or Medic # XXXXXX" requested that the patient be boarded, but not fully immobilized, strapped, etc. That way, when it came time for a posterior to be kicked, it could be directed in the proper manner.

If I would have been allowed to write the original documentation I definitely would have written it right but I wasn't. But that is why chief suggested that I should have written an addendum and attached it. I have since learned and will definitely do that in the future!! B)

~Emtkat~

EMTKAT, grasshopper, you have learned Valuable lesson from Sages on EMTCity. Remember to CYA which in laymans terms means, COVER YOUR ASS. You learned that lesson big time here and after what we have discussed via pm's and on this thread, I think this will make you a much better provider in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.