Fair or unfair??? You decide and discuss

Just Plain Ruff

should she be deported?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• She entered illegally so Yeah!
    • She entered illegally sure, but she should be allowed to stay
    • Let her stay - legal status be danged

I think they should let her stay till the resolution of whether her husband is found dead or alive.

But the law's the law, I think she either needs to begin the process of citizenship or be deported. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Personally, I hope she can stay. Everybody else does. The article cleared up a misconception I had. I thought marrying a US citizen, made you a US citizen. Especially since this guy is in the Army. Thought you still needed to get permission from Uncle Sam to marry. "Subject to deportation"? That sounds like, "You may have already won 200 million dollars". Hope it works out and her husband is found.

Shayne

If she begins the process of getting citizenship then yeah I say let her stay.

But if she's not going to go through that process then deport her, she's here illegally.

I also had the misconception that if you marry someone you get citizenship. I stand corrected.

I do wish her the best in the outcome of her husbands situation.

Since the late 80's marriage does not get you citizenship. Knew people married illegals and the illegal deported, some are still married, 20+ years. After time and paperwork eventually did get citizenship.

If she's willing to do the paper work and make it legal then let her stay. If she doesn't want to be a legal citizen then she should go back to the D.R. regardless of whether her husband is missing or not. You're either an American or not.

I didn't see the option I would choose.

Let her stay until her husband's status is determined. The day that happens, deportation proceedings resume.

And because of her illegal entry, she should be forever ineligible for citizenship.

From one who did enter the U.S. legally, she gets a resounding " See Ya " from me, once her husbands status is resolved.

I have little to no sympathy for illegal immigrants. If they are caught, out they go, no questions asked.

A side note, once I am allowed to apply for U.S. citizenship, I will.