Newbie w/ a ton of questions...

This has been a great thread for me also.

38 (39 Oct 20th) male, starting school next tues, can't wait.

The research I've done shows the median salary around 25K to start. I live in a more rural part of GA so who knows. I think I'll end up working in a more suburban area to get more experience.

I don't know how many hours and ride time we are to do but I know the more the better, on the job experience in this field seems more important then what school you go to.

The third rides I've done hasn't been with the most fit people I've ever met, then again I am a personal trainer by day.

EMT/Medic seems like a great 1st job as long as you have something you can do and fit into the weird work schedule. Add fire training, instructor training and the pay goes up and up. The benefits, pensions and job security all are a +

Best of luck! :wink:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope that 33 is not too old for EMT because i'm 43 and take the test in 2 months. As for jobs, that depends where your at. Here in the rural south, I've had 3 job offers, paramedics never unemployed. Money may not be great for where you are, but 30k to 40k in the ozarks is very high pay. Hope you love this as I do. 43 and finally getting my dream job.