Educational Nightmare in Alberta

I normally don't cross-promote in-between websites, but there is a thread going on at another forum that I encourage y'all to take a look at.

http://www.emsvillage.com/forums/messagevi...p;threadid=5279

WTF? Anybody know what school this is and who this guy might be? Not asking for names or anything, because obviously the original post may reflect something very different from the reality. But it'd be interesting to hear from somebody who knows this "instructor" that can give us some insight into his credibility and professionalism. I don't find this kind of thing hard to believe, because there are are a lot of total nimrods teaching medic school these days. But again, I'm not looking to tar and feather somebody on hearsay.

Please read and discuss.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy sounds like a dangerous person. Everything he did to these co-workers was inappropriate unless we aren't getting the full story.

SCARY

Even as a student I knew enough not to let anyone come at me with the paddles.

Sounds like someone just wanted to do an ECG on his 18 year old female student. Maybe Dust should go over there to find out if she is hot.

That is inappropriate on so many levels it's sickening. If what the original poster stated happened, that instructor should have been fired and his paramedic license suspended until a proper investigation of the incident could be done.

Absolutely unacceptable behavior, discharging paddles with the justification of "needs to be tested or excersised" ? HUH?

For those that are knowledgeable the number of discharges of the capacitor is limited .. whatever.

If the instructor is up for a cheap thrill this would be the way to get it, sheesh scared the crap out of this chick.

I could not see the strips but sounds as if could be an adrenergic response....

cheers

Report this clown, it brings disrespect AND influences noobies very negatively.

OK, was the instructor really trying to demonstrate the Defib unit, or using it as a way to sexually harass the 18 year old female?

Wasn't there, don't know all the facts, but I have a leaning towards the harassment side of the question.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.