Does BLS call for ALS intercept when not needed....

jon_ems_boi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bounce: :hello1:

Some one who truly understand EMS and what it's all about! Thank you for your support. You are the type of medic that I would love to work with as I feel you probably would have a lot to teach me. Thanks again!

That's right folks, the queen of text message contractions and run on sentences is the director. Yep. She's in charge. This is why I don't go to horror movies anymore. Life is frightening enough.

Anyway, khanek, all I can say is, for all of your "YOU DON'T KNOW" posturing, I'm going to tell you something, you are the one who is deluded. You can pretend to be all experienced and worldly and know what the real deal is, but the truth is, you are living in a fantasy world and all it would take is for you to be on one BAD call, one REALLY bad one, and you and and your new found friend would be talking out of the other side of your mouth. If I gave you one patient, just one of the ones I've had where I have had to pretty much throw the entire medication bag, almost every function the monitor has built into it and done some fancy airway work on to stabilize, you would understand.

The day may come when you confidently give someone that nitroglycerin and they might just turn pale, cool, and diaphoretic and then lose their pulse. Then you will be screwed.

Anyway, good luck with everything, I'm glad everything turned out well for your little girl.

This started out with someone simply asking a question about ALS intercepts. We've gone over this a hundred times on this board and we never get anywhere with this argument. Admin needs to lock this thread up, and this issue needs to stop being debated. I think everyone on the city who wanted to throw their opinion in on this subject has had ample opportunity. This site is great for learning, getting answer to questions, and chatting with fellow ems workers. Look at all the people on the city, it is quite diverse, we have people that are in EMT school, all the way up to medics with 30 plus years on the street. We have nurses and doctors too. (lucky us :roll: ) Just kidding. We need to keep focused on what the city was created for. Debates have a place, as long as the subject matter is something worth debating. The emt vs medic thing has gotten old, it's starting to catch up to dust.

If you feel the need to keep debating this subject then go to www.emts-vs-paramedics.com.

Thank you and have a good night.

:bounce: :hello1:

Some one who truly understand EMS and what it's all about! Thank you for your support. You are the type of medic that I would love to work with as I feel you probably would have a lot to teach me. Thanks again!

And... here's your sign. :sign3:

Ya know, it's almost sad to laugh at this. After all, as Asys said, it is so very scary and deadly serious that it is really no laughing matter. But stupidity is now, always has been, and always will be friggin' hilarious!

What's funnier is that the professionals here don't even have to post intelligent arguments. Everything these two type only serves to further illustrate our point for us! :lol:

I don't know about locking the thread...I know *I* got something out of this thread...and besides rather chance it that people who want to discuss the topic in the future find this thread instead of starting a new thread on it (or at least we can direct them to this thread).

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.