To: All EMS Personnel From: Chief of Operations

EMS_GIRL

To: All EMS Administrators (among other things)

Subject: The use of humor in an online forum

It has come to our attention that humorous references made to the workplace environment have gone unnoticed, unrecognized, and worse yet, unappreciated. In an attempt to reacclimate our staff of lesser humor with the standards of entertainment, the following definition has been included in this memo. Please circulate this information with your co-workers as they may have experienced similar situations or documents and may be able to assist in processing of such information.

joke (jōk)

n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

A mischievous trick; a prank.

An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Informal.

Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

v., joked, jok·ing, jokes.

v.intr.

To tell or play jokes; jest.

To speak in fun; be facetious.

v.tr.

To make fun of; tease.

We understand the dissemination of this information (including the old e-mails that everyone has read several times) may take time and may seem to be troublesome, or "a waste of time," however it is the common belief that the use of a "joke" may reduce ailments such as cardiac stress, headaches, and the need for recto-cranial inversion. This in turn, will lead to a much more friendly workplace, or will at least entertain the medics who perpetually are late for meetings (if they show up) and sit in the back making comments that you never quite completely hear.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

P.S. Pyroknight, please spend more time with your crew so explanations such as this are no longer necessary.

I believe "mrmeaner" is trying to say,

in quite a few words, and a somewhat stiff way,

As some of our people drink from their cup,

what they need to do, is just [marq=left:00dad1c9be] LIGHTEN UP! [/font:00dad1c9be] [/marq:00dad1c9be]

(and I agree!)

Hmmmm:

Please try to do some basic research before posting. Most fundamental questions have already been discussed multiple times on this site. Take a moment to use the "Search" function on this site to find previous discussions regarding your topic before starting a new topic.

I searched and found one of the other postings of this very "memo" twice on the search results page. One was this thread. The second was a previous posting of the same thing. I stopped looking after that.

And I have no sense of humour. Ask anyone who knows me. They'll tell you. :D

-be safe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.