Petition to: Allow Ambulance crews to refuse transport

WendyT

Anyway, back to the original post. What was that anyway? Does anyone remember? :-k :dontknow:

I know Pick me I know. It was telling time and money wasters no you will not go in my ambulance. I like it. Deny them. [-X

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phil tere have been times that you have refused to do a job...i've been there

Craig

I have never refused to transport a person who has requested transport.

I have advised patients that there may be extended delays before seeing a doctor, questioned their motives for calling an ambulance, but nevr have i refused to transport.

Phil

Craig

I have never refused to transport a person who has requested transport.

I have advised patients that there may be extended delays before seeing a doctor, questioned their motives for calling an ambulance, but nevr have i refused to transport.

Phil

I have denied a few patients. Yes first I try to reason them out of wanting transported but if they still want to go but do not have an emergent need I finally just say no.

I would have to guess that if your service is totally dependent on state, city, or township funding then you are hurting badly. :

Two words... LONG...ISLAND

More funding thown at us than I could ever count. Obviously an atypical system.

Anyway back to the original thread :wink:

It appears the USA has overthrown the UK. Hope ya'll don't mind us getting into your discussion. I do like the idea of having the right to deny transport. Guess ya'll know that by now.

It appears the USA has overthrown the UK. Hope ya'll don't mind us getting into your discussion. I do like the idea of having the right to deny transport. Guess ya'll know that by now.

I'm not sure we do. Can you please expand on this statement? LOL Just joshin' ya. I like to deny as much as possible. Oh wait, we weren't talking about life in general were we. We were talking about denying a patient. Oops, my bad.

I'm not sure we do. Can you please expand on this statement? LOL Just joshin' ya. I like to deny as much as possible. Oh wait, we weren't talking about life in general were we. We were talking about denying a patient. Oops, my bad.

D________________E-----------------------N_____________________Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expanded enough? :(:D:lol: :wink:

• 1 month later...
Interesting. Can't imagine how the insurance would work on that one.

In the USA if a patient just wants a taxi ride, which are the ones I deny, insurance will not pay if I transport them. Lose less money by deny than by transport in my area. More importantly keeps ambulance available for real emergencys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.