Austin-Travis County EMS

Geeze... is she a really tiny girl, or is that just a HUGE farking patch? :?

If it weren't for the huge point deductions for wearing a big, ugly service patch on the wrong shoulder, they might have placed in the top ten.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long, long ago I worked for Rural Metro that was in Bastrop Co. and the most beautiful thing ever is to transport a patient to Brakenridge (I think thats how you spell it) at night and walk out of the ER and look at the Capital Building, espeically if it is a full moon behind it. I also worked for an outpatient radiology clinic in Austin. Traffic sucks as it does in any large city but I also worked 9-1-1 in Houston and would rather drive the traffic in Austin any day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK our patches are a bit large... to answer a few questions the ems system covers about 1100 square miles... all of travis county. STARFlight is one paramedic who is certified in rescue and one rn who is also certified in rescue, possibly, but as far as i know is not the one hanging on the hoist system or doing a short haul. The view from the dock at brackenridge on a friday night can't be beat. We have 1 trauma center 3 stroke center the brand new children's hospital 6 STEMI centers and a few other docs in the box. We do emergent transfers out of those hospitals to the big three downtown occasionally. the population of Travis county is about 1.1 million but that is growing. There is talk of adding more units soon so hence more hirings. to prepare for the Hiring process study your national standards and just do some minimal excercise for the physical.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.