help with diferential/provisional diagnosis please :)

Ok not to start a debate about if paramedics should be diagnosing... But

I'm currently working on an assignment discussing provisional and differential diagnosis, and having trouble finding reference material on it. Especially on provisional diagnosis... Is there another term it might be called that i would be more successful looking for?

Can anyone recommend any material to me B)

Cheers

What are you looking for? The definition of the terms? How they relate? When each applies?

I googled and found a bit of info pretty quicky...I'll bet you could too!

No offense intended. It's simply that students are gladly helped, but are expected to help themselves first and then ask specific questions.

Also, if you'd like people to take your questions seriously you should use capitaliziation, and proof read you sentences. It's simply a matter of respect and will get you many more, serious responses.

Check google and type in "differential diagnosis", follow the first link...and go from there...good luck!

Welcome to EMTCtiy! Good to have another student!

Dwayne

Well... since we're "proofreading"... its capitalization. :wink: Sorry... had to do it!

Sorry, don't understand. Had to do what? I'm always happy to learn. What are you teaching, please?

This is not a thread hijack, btw; we're demonstrating differential diagnosis.

Well... since we're "proofreading"... its capitalization. :wink: Sorry... had to do it!

See..My point exactly!! :oops:

icekayak, for future reference. One of the few things that will make you look more foolish than being unable to form a proper sentence, with all that that entails, is lecturing to someone else...and then being unable to form a proper sentence with all that that entails.

So, after proofreading my previous post, and those that followed, paying special attention to the correct use of capitalization, I would like to thank my City friends for giving me Hell to help assure that I will do a better job tomorrow than I did today.

As my previous post didn't go far in regards to teaching the proper use of grammar, I would now like to change my focus to the teaching of the proper use of criticism. I'll attempt to do so by thanking my betters for taking the time to correct not only my post, but my attitude as well! B)

I hope now you will understand what I meant above by the statement "no offense intended."

Have a great day all!!

Dwayne

Note: This post meant in all sincerity. Although my grammar is often far from perfect, I'm grateful to Michael, Chick and others like them for helping to keep our board from taking on the appearance of a teenage chat room.

What are you looking for? The definition of the terms? How they relate? When each applies?

I googled and found a bit of info pretty quicky...I'll bet you could too!

No offense intended. It's simply that students are gladly helped, but are expected to help themselves first and then ask specific questions.

Also, if you'd like people to take your questions seriously you should use capitaliziation, and proof read you sentences. It's simply a matter of respect and will get you many more, serious responses.

Check google and type in "differential diagnosis", follow the first link...and go from there...good luck!

Welcome to EMTCtiy! Good to have another student!

Dwayne

Hey Dwayne,

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for, and I think thats one of the problems.

The assignment is basically "Define and discuss these two aspects of diagnosis: Differential Diagnosis and Provisional Diagnosis" (1500 words) then it goes on to compare the DDx of a CP case and a shock case.

There is a plenty information around DDx lists for specific diseases, but I can not find much about DDx and the provisional diagnosis in itself.

The wiki stuff (and the about.com and answers.com) is good but unfortunately I can't use it as reference material :(

Cheers