Fiznat's blog...amazing!

I just began my medic education on Monday and I wish I had the smarts to be able to critique myself in a similar manner.

They say 'it takes one to know one.'

Your ability to recognise this quality speaks well for your own "smarts." I am confident that you will rise to the occasion.

Best of luck!

Wow guys, thank you!!

I just noticed this thread-- totally unexpected. Thank you everyone for the compliments!

As far as the HIPAA stuff, all of it seems to have cleared up. What others have said about "what you write online can hurt you" is absolutely true. I was given this warning a few times by fellow bloggers and coworkers, but the reality of the danger was never as clear as it was once the crap hit the fan. It looks as if things have more or less cleared up (The original complaint - that I had used a patient's real name - turned out to be untrue. It also helped that the calls happened while I was on ride-time, not at work.), but the ordeal has certainly left it's mark on me. The entries I write now are MUCH more ambiguous towards individuals, and details are switched around quite a bit. A few of the recent entries are more combinations of a few calls rather than accounts of single patients. I made efforts before, but even more so now that all of this has happened.

Again, thank you everyone for all of the compliments. I am flattered. :oops: O:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.