Let My People Go* ~ Moses *but do it carefully

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don't know, Matzo is the unleavened bread that the Israelites were able to make, then load onto their wagons or "pack" animals as they got the heck out of Egypt following the final biblical plague of the death of the first born.

This is actually the same type "Bread" that Jesus of Nazareth told his followers to eat in memory of him, in what is now "Communion".

(On a personal aside, why is it that the paintings and depictions of "The Last Supper", a Passover seder, almost always show loaves of bread? Jesus was most likely to have used only Matzo, as the seder celebrates the Israelites leaving Egypt in such a rush that the bread already in the ovens was not allowed to rise?)

Not to belabor the point, as it looks you've thought about the response RichardB, but if memory serves, the Passover feast was in memory of the saving of the Jewish first born while they were still in Egypt.

A good point. There are several other points that I will not be mentioning in this forum, as in my humble opinion, would be detracting from the string.

I'll start a "Self Guided Comparative Religion" 101 class sometime in the future, as a different topic and string.

I've never had true unleavened bread. When I went to church it was always saltines.

I hope Jesus isn't mad.

All kidding aside...

I had not heard the story about the exodus and the start of unleavened bread. I was only under the impression of the passover festival.

I really shoulda paid attention in the Old Testament class I went to in college that I failed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.