Do You Have Business Cards?

So, three times now in the last 3 months I've been asked if I had a business card by patients as we're leaving the hospital. When I said no, they've said they wanted to write a letter or a give a call about the great service they received. I just kind of smiled and said, "that's okay"....and in my head thought "@#$@#$, damnit, I wish I had a card?"

I probably should have just written down my information and company address and phone number....but it's kind of awkward stopping to write all that down in front of the ER nurses while they want to interview the patient. I don't want to LOOK like I'd love a good letter....even though I'd LOVE it.

So, I think I'm going to get some of those free cards off Vista. I'm trying to find something professional...anyone else have cards? Got pics of them? I'd be willing to pay a little money to make them look good if I see something really great.

If you really want them, go to your local business store. They should sell blank cards. Use Word to make a card and print it yourself :)

I was going to say the same thing. Ten minutes on the computer and you can have a decent card designed. All you need to do then is print it out.

But if you're looking for cards so they can send your boss a note, then perhaps you need to steal some cards from your boss. Steal them, that is, if s/he has them. After all, it is your boss who needs to see the note, right?

I've done this before. I've designed my own with my personal information on them. I've also done them with just my work information. They're not hard to do. They come in handy when people ask for information. You never know when you might need one.

-be safe

Especially for areas where you deal with flight services. Nice to have a few in a pinch.

Suggest to your boss that they get company business cards printed. They are cheap for you (free) and have a few more practical applications to the service you work for.

Or, go the vistaprint route. Plain white with minimal design will set you back about 5 bucks for 250.

I bought some from Staples or wherever and printed them myself.

They still look professional. I used our patch graphic and put our company name on it with my name. I hand them to anyone who asks, or at least the ones who aren't going to complain. I've handed a bunch out.

I went the Do It Yourself route, since out here you are never sure how long you will remain at one camp. Not to mention the frequency with which phone numbers are changed in military offices. Consequently, I never print up more than ten or twenty at a time. And, of course, it is cheaper and looks as good as professionally printed cards if you do it right. I'll scan it if and when IT ever gets me hooked to the scanner here, possibly today.

I too was going to recommend just bagging some of your boss' cards, then jotting your name down on the back. As Mike said, this is a good way to assure that such letters hit their intended target. Otherwise, you look like a tool taking the letter that was sent to you into your boss looking for brownie points.

For the average EMT or medic, there is really no particular need for cards. But there are certainly lots of good uses for them, besides for scribbling notes on. If you get into the con-ed circuit and attend conferences and conventions, you will meet a lot of people that you would like to keep in touch with in the future. Networking is important to career development. Having a professional card to exchange with these people is a very good thing, and is good for your image.

Especially for areas where you deal with flight services. Nice to have a few in a pinch.

Suggest to your boss that they get company business cards printed. They are cheap for you (free) and have a few more practical applications to the service you work for.

Or, go the vistaprint route. Plain white with minimal design will set you back about 5 bucks for 250.

I ordered from there a while back...the cards are free but the shipping is jacked up way beyond what it would have cost to buy them locally...

Buy them local and you'll get better, less expensive cards.

Dwayne

We have cards that have all the company info on them so I keep a few of those in my shirt pocket and write my name on the back if need be. They are also handy to give to families so they know who to call if they need non emergency services or just scribble notes on. Best part about it is they dont cost me a dime! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.