Complex cardioversion?

zzyzx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefighter your grammar is not stellar either. So before you cast stones of grammar and spelling look towards yourself

Again you have not posted how long you have been a medic. Are you embarrased by your lack of experience or whatnot?

Come on come clean

Scrat, whatever your name is..... Go back a reread AEIOU TIPS!!!

Just because a patient has a finding that would fall under AEIOU TIPS does not mean the patient is altered. If the patient IS altered, then there is a good chance that it falls under AEIOU TIPS. It is not a two way road.

i may have mis-read the aeiou comment by fire. I was taking the literal approach and looking at the vowels and spelling as the base complaint fire had towards the issue because he has made comments on grammar and such on this thread.

Especially the ENGLISH comment he made.

I'm still waiting to hear Fire's resume. He called me an ambulance chaser and alluded that I was ashamed of being a medic. He also tried to explain things in an earlier post and likened him having to treat me as a grade schooler.

So in my eyes your credibility is shot due to refusing to answer my question when I answered yours.

You even posted after one of my posts asking for his level of experience yet he has not answered my question of his level of experience.

Are you really a medic or do you just play one on tv.

Just because a patient has a finding that would fall under AEIOU TIPS does not mean the patient is altered. If the patient IS altered, then there is a good chance that it falls under AEIOU TIPS. It is not a two way road.

Thanks JP, you beat me to it!

:):D

And Fire, read what you type first, man. You're all fired up now and not paying attention...

Go back a reread AEIOU TIPS!!!

Does this not answer your question on how long they have been in the field ? How many season medics refer to mnemonics ?

They are a good training device for a test and I guess those that need a mnemonic device to refer to remember steps.

I do smell this thread being locked soon though...

R/r 911

Yeah the condescension and negativity and "I'm right and all you guys are wrong" attitude is really frightening.

I would never refer to mnemonics to prove my point.

I would also never refer to someone as an ambulance chaser like he did to me.

I am going to place a wager here on three things.

1. this thread will be locked soon

2. He will never say how long he's been in the field. (but his comment that he's taken care of a handful of critical patients leads me to believe he's a new medic)

3. this will be the only thread that he posts on from here on out.

In my opinion, if he doesn't come out and say how long he's been a medic then his credibility is down the crapper.

be safe, god speed and take care all.

Didn't everyone chastise me enough for name calling and lack of professionalism before in another forum?? Seriously, I think this conversation can be better discussed w/o all the negativity.

If you're a true patient advocate and are compassionate towards the feelings (emotional as well as physical) you'll state what you're going to do to your patient for your own safety, your crews safety, AND the patient's safety. Even if a patient is altered, I'd verbalize my treatments, regardless of them understanding/verbally responding to me or not.

Battery

A battery is the willful or intentional touching of a person against that person’s will by another person, or by an object or substance put in motion by that other person. Please note that an offensive touching can constitute a battery even if it does not cause injury, and could not reasonably be expected to cause injury. A defendant who emphatically pokes the plaintiff in the chest with his index finger to emphasize a point may be culpable for battery (although the damages award that results may well be nominal). A defendant who spits on a plaintiff, even though there is little chance that the spitting will cause any injury other than to the plaintiff's dignity, has committed a battery.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_..._battery.html#3

I also watch what I say because I have had the experience of patients expressing the fact that they knew/heard everything going on when their level of consciousness was altered.

Lastly, I'd like to know what your protocols are for a patient to be incapable of refusing care. Where I am I can think of reasons being age, level of consciousness/ altered mental status, under the influence, or under the custody of either Pd or another guardian of sorts. Perhaps this is another post starting, or has this topic been completed already?

Last, but not least.... -5 points to all not using the 'SpellCheck' button. It's difficult to take a post seriously when yer knot huked awn fonikz. :roll: 8)

Does this not answer your question on how long they have been in the field ? How many season medics refer to mnemonics ?

They are a good training device for a test and I guess those that need a mnemonic device to refer to remember steps.

I do smell this thread being locked soon though...

R/r 911

I am going to venture to say that, judging from the scene name, he's a firefighter by trade, and a medic by mandate. Goes back to why I think fire and EMS have no business being together, but that's just me.

What's a mneumonic? Is that something they teach on how to pass an exam? I can't remember any mneumonics...I always treat my pt instead of thinking of phases...

Laura, that was funny the huked on fawnix comment; bravo and +5 to you

I admit my spelling is not the most stellar at times but you gotta admit it's not that bad.