Complex cardioversion?

zzyzx

Nice , Nice , Nice!!!!!!! Go have your meeting with Google!!!! BTW, after you come back from googling your first answer, tell me the other alternative if you CANT cardiovert this pt because the rate is too fast. (You had mentioned that you have come across MANY people in this state). Did you leave them die, or were you just lucky enough to get them to the hospital without doing ANYTHING!!!! What would the next line of Rx be if his rate was too fast and he needed cardioversion??????

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cannot answer nicely then why should I post the reply? No matter what I reply or post you will break down and prove that you have nothing else to post other than negative comments.

You have no idea whether I have or had a meeting or not. don't presume to know me.

With your past comments to me as well as others on this thread, I don't think anyone can provide you an answer that you will approve of, or will admit to being correct.

This is just a pissing contest now so I will end it.

say what you will about me not posting but I don't think you can be fair and balanced and admit if whatever I post even if it's dead on spot on correct you won't be able to resist the negative posts.

I'm done with your insults and negative comments.

Now my friend........I have a question for you...... Tell me if you will, I answered your question, If you encounter a pt with malignant PVC's, (Closely coupled, multifocal, or in salvos, with assoc symptoms of CP, SOB, or hypotension what would you do! Tell me the pathology of giving lidocaine to a hypoxic heart !!!!

In order to be able to answer your question, we would need more information about the patient and his status. Vital signs? Age? Previous medical history? Complaints? Seeing a 12 lead would be beneficial in trying to determine the cause of the PVC's (hypoxia or infarct?). Once a complete scenario is posted, I'm sure other's (as well as myself) would be more than happy to explain their treatment modality. Not all PVC's require intervention. And not all PVC's should have an intervention performed. It's a rather grey area of prehospital care. You state the PVC's are malignant, but are they cause of the problem? Or being caused by the problem? The picture you paint is far from complete. Therefore, it's impossible for myself (or anyone else for that matter) to paint a full treatment picture.

This isn't an attack on you in any way. But if you want to ask a "what would you do," then you have to post complete information. Based on what you've posted, the only thing I'm going to do is to complete my assessment. Once that's complete, I'll make a treatment plan and execute.

Shane

NREMT-P

Actually Fire, your demand for my treatment of this patient you posted cannot be given. I need more information.

how old is this patient?

any cardiac history

any other history

Meds that they are taking

what led up to these signs and symptoms

there is more than one way to treat these signs and symptoms and you gave me such a cryptic scenario that there is no way I can answer this. It depends on the patients circumstances and what is going on with them overall that I need to know.

Alright, we have ourselves a situation here.

We've got someone who claims to be a firefighter who can't answer a question correctly no matter which answer he chooses. What's more is that he refuses to answer questions regarding his education and certification level. That alone means ANYTHING he says should be immediately discarded and disregarded.

Then we have everyone else who, for some reason, insist on antagonizing this...person.

We know a few more things here...

1) You know you're right and the FF dude is wrong.

2) You know that the more you antagonize him the more stupid and insulting he'll become.

3) You know the more stupid and insulting he becomes the more you'll get fired up.

We know he's wrong. We know he's just going to continue to be stupid. We know that after all this time no amount of right answer and research presented for review will penetrate his small mind.

Unless this particular FF decides to come clean on his education, experience and can provide research to back up his positions (all of them since he can't pick one side and stick with it), can't we please just let it die?

Just something to ponder.

-be safe

Im sorry, ruff, I did not get the answers to the following Rx's. If you decide to bash me, and tell me I don't know a thing, then you better have your ducks in a row. I will give you the answer in case you decide to push lidocaine on someone with an underlying infarct, that is having PVC's. You can cause conduction abnormalities, possibly causing reentry, and precipitating VF. That is why you always do a 12 lead before you give lidocaine. As far as the rhythm too fast to cardiovert, very simple, you need to defibrilate them. You run the risk of hitting and R on T, but the only other alternative is they die anyway.

If you think you can pimp me, you can't!!! Like I said before, you caused this anamosity, this is your bed, you made it, you sleep in it. Tell your cronies they can do the same!!!

And----STICK YOUR NOSE BACK IN THE BOOK SON!!!!!!

Im sorry, ruff, I did not get the answers to the following Rx's. If you decide to bash me, and tell me I don't know a thing, then you better have your ducks in a row. I will give you the answer in case you decide to push lidocaine on someone with an underlying infarct, that is having PVC's. You can cause conduction abnormalities, possibly causing reentry, and precipitating VF. That is why you always do a 12 lead before you give lidocaine. As far as the rhythm too fast to cardiovert, very simple, you need to defibrilate them. You run the risk of hitting and R on T, but the only other alternative is they die anyway.

If you think you can pimp me, you can't!!! Like I said before, you caused this anamosity, this is your bed, you made it, you sleep in it. Tell your cronies they can do the same!!!

Sir, I do believe that you missed this post...

Actually Fire, your demand for my treatment of this patient you posted cannot be given. I need more information.

how old is this patient?

any cardiac history

any other history

Meds that they are taking

what led up to these signs and symptoms

there is more than one way to treat these signs and symptoms and you gave me such a cryptic scenario that there is no way I can answer this. It depends on the patients circumstances and what is going on with them overall that I need to know.

Newbie, we, as a group, have come to the conclusion that you are uneducated and inexperienced and your only purpose here is to instigate. Please let this thread die and stop being so obnoxious.