Apologies to All

I'm sorry for all the frustration and anger I have caused all of you on this board.

Dust, mucho respect to you, Asys, AK, and all the mature medics out there that are willing to smack an EMT around every once and while when he's not making sense.

In relation to my last post about the dead waking:

If you guys don't believe me of the account do you want to ask the wife that was on scene if it was true or not or how bout better yet, the 12 yr girl that was right next to him when he collapsed, ask her if it was true. I had limited time to post what I was going to post, and some parts were probably left out (intentionally and non-intentionally). So I am sorry for not making the account click, just goes to show you have to be there to see it. And yes I know understand the importance of posting accurately now, on here so I apologize TO ALL for not doing that.

AK, yes we could of transported to D2 (Southwest was 5 minutes away (L&S)), but I was not the big man in charge to make the transport decision I just follow orders from my medic.

Dust, mucho respect to you, Asys, AK, and all the head hanchos here.

In response to me fidling around with ALS crap while he was doing the BLS CPR, I was doing what I was told to do until rescue got there. I don't just automatically grab the intubation roll as soon as I get there, I jump to CPR but when my medic tells me to get stuff ready while he's bagging the pt, I do what I'm told.

And to the person who says, that if I start an account or post that says your not going to believe me etc.: you want to ask the wife that was on scene if it was true or not or how bout better yet, the 12 yr girl that was right next to him when he collapsed, ask her if it was true???

I am truely sorry that you guys had to rip me apart on the internet, I have mucho respect for you guys, i do learn alot from certain posts that intrigue me.

The stuff I left out was the biggest part which made the sense that you guys so diligently pointed out.

I promise from this post forth I will make sense, learn my place on this board, post accurately and stop acting like a dumbass.

Sincerely,

Fred Jackson

=D> Nice. Way to go and admit you made a mistake and promise to do better.

Sometimes it takes a while for a case of forum noob-brain to wear off... you're getting there! :D

And hey... stuff happens sometimes. Thanks for being a good citizen, and apologizing.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

It was not that we did not believe you. The purpose was to inform you of the potential problems that scenario and the actions that was taken could be problems. As was noted by several other than me, we have seen multiple patients with catecholamine response. I have had more than one physician call the family in after pronouncement only to have to re-inform them that a miracle had occurred and they are now breathing. This type of situations makes their malpractice insurance attorneys sphincter pucker.

The problem was not exactly directed at you rather as part of the team and reporting it, you received the blunt end.

Discussing scenarios are great and even screw ups.. God knows all of us have more than we want to admit to, I know I do and will continue to do so as long as I am human. The point is I hope I learn of my mistakes and recognize them and will not repeat the same mistake twice.

You will do fine, and learn to grow some thick skin.... one needs it, in this business.

R/r 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.