Warning: Risible Video

Michael

You should have seen the look on the faces of the maintenance guys out at my summer camp when I went down for a vehicle maintenance meeting. Not only did I check all the fluids I could find a dipstick for (I'm used to Fords, so of course my vehicle had to be a Chevy) appropriately, I asked for help in locating a couple others, checked THEIR levels, topped off what needed to be topped off, then checked my tire pressure and put more air in the tires.

Then I pumped my own gas and wasn't even bothered by the fact that it was a pump where I had to listen to the gas going into the tank to tell when it was full. I've never seen a group of more astonished men in my life!! :lol:

It's not that hard, ladies... ask your brother or your dad or a savvy aunt or SOMEONE to show you how to check basic stuff on your car. Even changing the oil is easy; and remember, if you have to change a tire on the side of the highway, break the tension on the lug nuts BEFORE you jack the car up. Then remember to tension them down again AFTER you let the car down. That way you don't spin the wheels in the air, wasting energy and time, and your wheel won't fall off when you take off driving again.

Speaking of check oil lights... my mother siezed the engine in a Ford Pinto because she ignored a "Check Oil" light for 3 weeks. She thought another light would come on when it REEALLY meant it. With her mother in law in the car. That was a fun week... :)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

Nah, that would be an indicator that says something in the Cyrillic alphabet and screams at you in a heavy accent.

No offense meant to anyone.

Wendy

Oh my gosh... the punnage keeps continuing... ROFL

Wendy

1)

Looking to join up with woman with small boat and boating trailer. Send picture of boat and trailer.

2) The woman who had been the Business VP of my vollie ambulance refused to pump her own fuel, either her own vehicle, or the ambulance. She actually declined my offer of instruction!

Yes, there are men who don't know how to pump their own fuel, and woman vehicle engine mechanics, and I know a few in both categories.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.