Flight Nurse

jb811297

Hello all. I am going to be starting nursing school next fall at Holy Name Hospital School of Nursing in Teaneck, NJ. This program is only two years, so I graduate as an RN with an associates in Nursing. Is anyone here familiar with a New Jersey RN to Medic bridge? And if so, what would be the steps I take after graduating to become an MICN?

Hello all. I am going to be starting nursing school next fall at Holy Name Hospital School of Nursing in Teaneck, NJ. This program is only two years, so I graduate as an RN with an associates in Nursing. Is anyone here familiar with a New Jersey RN to Medic bridge? And if so, what would be the steps I take after graduating to become an MICN?

Try searching the forum for related threads before posting questions. Many times, the question has been answered ad nauseam. There is a current thread pertaining to this subject. http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...&highlight=

As far was what steps you need to become an MICN...... many years in an ER or ICU.

Your path wil be a long one. I hope you look like a goddess and have the personality of an angel. the patience of job and the charisma of bill klinton.

Somedic

I hate to discourage you, but by the time you are ready to be a flight nurse, changes in the air (no pun intended) will have been implemented that will cut the number of flight nurse jobs in the US by a significant percentage. So yeah, SOMEDIC is right, your road is going to be a very long, if not endless one.

And you are going about it all wrong by asking questions about short cuts. The question is, how good you have to be, not how quick you can have a diploma. How quickly you finish RN or medic school is not going to impress a single employer. What will impress them is how much you know. And it will be many, many years before you know that much. If your primary concern is shortcuts, like taking the ADN programme instead of the BSN programme, or the paramedic bridge programme instead of an actual paramedic school, you are never going to make it.

If you are serious about this goal, now is the time to totally rethink your strategy, because frankly, your current plan sucks.

Good luck!

Wow, Dust you read a lot in the post. I see a statement of what she is doing and a request for information. I did not see any kind of plan which could suck. Not saying that your statements in and of themselves are not true, I just think you read more into the post than was there. I saw nothing to say "I am looking for the shortest route to my goals." Yes, she mentioned a bridge program, but that is usually just to avoid reteaching information people have from the previous education.

Wow, Dust you read a lot in the post. I see a statement of what she is doing and a request for information. I did not see any kind of plan which could suck.

Sarge, if you believe that he is a she, then I am afraid you are reading WAY too much into his post! :)

If it had been an 18 year old female asking for advice, I would have patronised her with strategically blown smoke. But since it was a bro, I figured I'd be honest with him since, as SOMEDIC points out, he will be at a disadvantage to all the hott chicks who apply for the same job. Consequently, he'll need all the edge he can get. I only hope I have helped provide him with that edge early.

Bros before hos! Even if he is from Jersey. :?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.