You know the call is all downhill after you hear/see this...

WannaBEMT

When the officer on scene opens his trunk and pulls out an AR-15 patrol rifle and racks the slide.

When your patient says, "I hope you have a strong stomach..."

When running toward the ICU, you encounter a family of 10 wailing and running the other way.

When the entire nursing station empties without a word.

'zilla

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You arrive on scene of a rollover and the experienced Incident commander tells you with an odd look in his eye, "you guy is over there and he's really f*#%ed up!

Vehicle had rolled multiple times and ejected occupants.

When the officer on scene opens his trunk and pulls out an AR-15 patrol rifle and racks the slide.

When your patient says, "I hope you have a strong stomach..."

When running toward the ICU, you encounter a family of 10 wailing and running the other way.

When the entire nursing station empties without a word.

'zilla

:shock:

Now that's just funny. You gotta hate that distinctive 'click'.

Also when PD swears the scene is safe but yet 4 of them are walking towards the apartment with guns drawn at the ready position....I'll be in the truck if you need me!!

But when you make the mistake of picking up overtime in dispatch, and the first words out of the caller's mouth is (cover your eyes) "my pussy on fire!".

But at least you get to dispatch the unit and you don't have to actually take the call to hear the reason why it's on fire. Does that classify as a medical emergency or OB call???

Perhaps she's related to the 9 year old who set his genitals on fire with the lighter fluid?

Guest CHP medic

Heres 2 that come to mind.

Arrive at a birthing center for a stat transfer to a center that can handle high risk. Transferring MD asks how long the transport will be and I tell him 20 minutes. He says "you guys are trained in neo-natal intubation, right?"

Unknown medical problem at 2 AM. A very large man answers the door and I ask what the problem is. He leans toward me and descreetly says "OK, I'm not gay or anything, but I was experimenting and...."

Any "Standby" call, where during a seeming lull in the activity, where you have your back to the incident, and suddenly everyone looking past you at the incident suddenly make the assortment of comments, of "WTF?", "Oh Sh*t!', Oh, NOOOO!", and/or "OMG!", inclusive of your EMS, FD, and LEO Chiefs on the scene.

If they turn and start running away from the incident, keep up with them (!), and turn to find out what happened after they stop running. This is especially true if the runners include the Bomb Squad/Ordnance Disposal team members!

PS: In the event of a nuclear explosion, the current laws against prayer in public schools in the United States will be temporarily declared to be null and void.

When the daughter meets you outside of the SNF and says that if she knew you would have taken this long to get there then she would have called 911 (as an aside, 911 operators are funny when they give a 2-3 minute ETA...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.