USA #1

Asysin2leads

Lets hear it for the United States! Were #1! Were #1! Woooo!!!

[web:8bba1a2c38]http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061219/od_nm/usa_marijuana1_dc[/web:8bba1a2c38]

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go water my...err...ummm...geraniums.

We needed a policy analyst for this? When I lived in New Mexico people were practically growing the stuff on their patios. The real question is, what kinds of situations does marijuana, in and of itself (ie not as a so called gateway drug) pose for us as EMS responders. So far I have been on runs for alcohol poisoning, meth, crack and heroine overdoses, mixing of too many different drugs, usually prescribed pills and the nasty things that happen when Mr. Xanax and Mr. Vodka do the tango. I have yet to go on a run caused by marijuana, except the guy that called 911 because of paranoia and wanted to go to the hospital and when he saw through the window that we were passing fast food places, asked if we could stop and let him out. To me the only way that marijuana being a huge cash crop is relevant to EMS professionals is that it may prove that we are in the wrong business. Brownies anyone?

I'm with ya there. Except for the occasional guy who gets so stoned he falls down and breaks his arm, marijuana cases are very rare. Even then, stoners are so much more cooperative than drunk guys. I.e. when told they have to go to the hospital:

Drunk Guy: I'M NOT GOIN' TO THE HOSPITAL...YOU DON'T TELL ME...WHEN I NEED TO GO...I TELL YOU WHEN YOU NEED TO UMMMM....SHADDUP!!!

Stoner: Wow...man...I need to go the hospital? Wow... and you guys will take me? You guys are like...awesome....wanna smoke bowl before we go or something?

Give it some time gents.

"Super weed" has been extremely popular for us. Sedative effects of the THC, and usually a stimulant effect from PCP/Ketamine/formaldehyde/whatever the h#&& else they decide to dip it in. We've even had some marijuana/Robitussin combinations recently.

They say the drunk is sure he's driving only 30 mph when he's speeding at 90, while the stoner thinks he's cruising at 55 when he's really doing 5 mph.

Personally, I'm with R.W. Emerson when he says "the poet's habit of living should be set on a key so low and plain, that the common influences should delight him. His cheerfulness should be the gift of the sunlight; the air should suffice for his inspiration, and he should be tipsy with water." But that's just me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.