For you TacMed people

Guest CHP medic

I can argue this until I am blue in the face and it will not matter because some of you will not look at the other side of the situation.

Look at it? I've BEEN on the other side of the situation.

And I still think it is a joke.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the more accurate question isnt if these tactical medics (a terms which by now is starting to act as an emetic for me) its a)what role will they play and b)where ya gonna put em? I think the most likely permutation and the one that makes the most sense if any at all, is that they are staged at a safe distance and have comms access to the entry team. As far as I can i can see the best things that tact medics will do is provide their own patients. Doctors, medics or indian chiefs who are not FULLY trained in how combat (yes combat) and medicine come together will get people killed and their spouses will end up being handed folded flags at elaborate funerals. Can you say "Corpsman Up?" I am not military nor do I have a tactical training other than some fun with some of the companies already warned against. I think I just have to stick with Dust for President on this one when he says that unless you have dedicated your career to both of these fields simultaneously, just about all of the "uptraining" in the world isnt gonna keep you from getting shot. Maybe the real question isnt what can a tact medic contribute to the team, but rather which of the teams precious resources of speed, stealth and violence of action should they water down to prevent the teams medico from getting dead. I just think that thats a fact that is just being skated around. I went to alot of police funerals over my dads career and alot of very good, very well intentioned people lose their lives when they base their actions on the motto "I can take care of myself." More than not seeing a necessity for I just wanna know how are we going to keep them safe and keep them from getting others hurt because they are in the frigging way. Do people honestly have such a great need to put themselves in "kill zones?" I have spent my life trying to avoid such situations. Oh and from a VERY short time as an auxiliary officer with the Albuquerque PD, which is big and has a monstrous, hard-charging swat team....they dont have a team medic. What they have are ambulances and hospitals and egress plans for when plan A goes wrong. Maybe we should just leave it at that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.