Here's what NOT to do!!!

Lone Star

I found this clip while surfing one day. It shows a soccer player being taken from the field by what appears to be an EMS crew. It looks like they started to jog, to clear the field quicker.....haste makes for major screw ups!

http://www.break.com/index/medical_team_dr...red_player.html

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forbidden

You were denied access because:

Access denied by SmartFilter content category. The requested URL belongs to the following categories: Nudity, MP3, Mature

Ditto. :roll:

Who wants to see a nude soccer player anyhow?

Dust, you dropped the ball here on your last reply.

I would have thought you would have added "Who wants to see a naked soccer player anyhow(sic)"

You should have added "Unless it's Mia Hamm"

Kids, this is why we don’t run when we got a patient! And that stretcher looks really big and heavy to be taking out onto a field, wouldn't you think a backboard or canvas stretcher would have done the job??

They sure are carrying it the wrong way! I’m not even sure if there anything to do with EMS, maybe players or stretcher bearers?? If they are, well, how embarrassing!

When I work at football and soccer we use a spine board to remove players off the field. I tend not to strap them on unless it’s a spinal or I’m holding a splint in place.

Most of the time the player is horribly embarrassed to be stretched off in front off all their mates, spectators and it’s a major fight even to get them onto the stretcher in the first place.

Why run, it’s just a short walk across the field to the medical room anyway?

And if there that injured that they need urgent medical care (hens the running) then why wouldn’t you leave them there until EMS drove the ambulance onto the field?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.