Here's what NOT to do!!!

Lone Star

Dust- I’ve only ever had 2 # base of skull pts, maybe our training is different but in the services I am involved with wear taught to remove the helmet, don’t ask me why it’s just what were taught and I’ve been taught this by four completely different training providers. How did I know you ask? Well we remove the helmet but placing one hand under the pts head and the other supports there chin. On these 2 particular pts, I slid my hand under there head and felt that the base of the skull was I suppose you could say mushy or soft so that’s how I knew not to take off the helmet.

One quick question, take for instance a MX rider with a ?spinal- you guys would just keep the helmet on, collar, board and tape there helmet to the board?

Dwayne- Coaches over here have nothing to do with injury’s. Sports Trainers look after all injury’s and player welfare. 35 Hour course. General out line of the course I’ve done:

-Negligence and Duty of Care

-Wound Management

-Concussion Management

-Dental Injuries

-Sports Psychology

-Advanced Sports Nutrition

-Principles of Rehabilitation

-Advanced Taping Techniques

-Risk Management

-Sports Massage Techniques

-Emergency Asthma Management

-warm up/stretching/cool-down

-medical conditions

-principles of rehabilitation

-drugs in sport

-analysis of biomechanics

-exercise physiology

-muscle imbalances

-infection control

transport of the injured athlete

That’s all I could think of for the moment; it’s a 35 hour course, this course is done after you have completed you first aid. It’s very rushed and really easy to pass, most sports trainers only have sports first aid.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.