Innovative EMS Services, Where Are You?

kevkei

A 40% save rate as found and reported by USA Today, now that is reliable. I'm assuming they have no knowledge or understanding of the Utstein Method which is the standard. What method did they use to come to their conclusion?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/ems-main.htm

I remember reading the print version of the story and the research methods were outlined, but I don't remember specifics. I don't know if the online version provides them.

Edit:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/ems-day1-method.htm

The Utstein Method was used.

For confirmation, floow the above link then click "The method: Measure how many victims leave the hospital alive." Select one of the cities from the list, then click "Methodology."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no. Not just anybody is practicing advanced care in Boston.

Sorry, I still don't buy the kiss ass and wait ten years to start an IV theory of paramedicine. Being an EMT sucks, and anyone with the knowledge, talent, and drive to be a paramedic should be allowed to work as one. I mean, after my paramedic class, and some field training, I can say I was pretty adequately prepared to care for the critically sick and injured. Of course, I have learned a great deal on the job since then, but coming out of my course and the academy, I can say that I was pretty set to work. Maybe I'm just a genius. Nahhhhh. Boston over does it. But then again if I spent that much time having to suffer before being allowed to work, I guess I'd have to delude myself into thinking my system is extra special too. Its better than realizing I wasted a good portion of my life.

I suppose you believe in the tooth fairy too?

Are you trying to say there's no tooth fairy......??????

DAMN! :shock:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.