Sledding Behind the AMR Ambulance

buzzman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing stupid things on duty is one thing. Doing stupid things while on duty while someone video tapes is another. Doing stupid things while on shift while someone video tapes with your patches and face are visible is another, and then uploading it onto Youtube is yet another.

Letting off steam is fine with me. I've done some silly things while at work to relieve the tension, although I have another 20 bucks that says the worse calls these guys have is when someone's dialysis shunt pops off. But as its been said before, videotaping yourself with your identifiers visible just makes you look plain dumb. I do hope they lose their jobs, maybe the next one they'll find they'll take employment a little more seriously. What's worse is the replies by the other viewers. Dust, Rid, if I don't see some good comments on Youtube about this video, I'm gonna be really disappointed. They say they did this in 2004 in Western Ma. I think its time AMR corporate headquarters got an e-mail telling them what type of image their employees are sending about their company.

When I was on ski patrol the staff of the resort had a race down the hill at the snow park. The staff used toboggans and the patrol staff used spine boards… It was rather (extremely) fun, might have not looked professional but the public had a good laugh! We also had snow mobile races….

Just recently at a bushfire we had saline fights (wasted so many I.V packs) The fire guys decided to join in but it was a lill unfair because they used there hose!

We always muck around but were serious and professional when it’s needed. If we were serious all the time then we’d go crazy!

I know this insults abbott and costello but this is what I thought of when I saw this.

I can imagine that if anyone of them gets injured that they would call the real service covering that area to take care of them.

But yes that's an imaginative way to transport multiple patients.

yeeee haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! andy and amos sled again

I thought it was fairly funny (albeit really really stupid, but come on, it's a funny idea) until they actually left the parking lot and hit the streets. And yeah... if you're gonna do something that dumb... at least reverse your jacket so you're not easily identifiable! It was kind of hard for me to gauge how fast they were going... looked like mabye 15mph? Good enough to clonk your head in a serious way if there's a rock or solid chunk of ice in that snowdrift, and good enough for some tasty road rash. Not a good thing if you're on duty. Kind of reminded me of street luge- motorized style. So where's the helmets?

Yes, we can be silly at certain events... especially if it's somewhere where playing around is acceptable, like a carnival, but you have to be able to flip that switch in a heartbeat and go into professional mode and convey to everyone around you WITHOUT A DOUBT that you are on and things are being taken care of. If you can't do that (which I'm willing to wager most of that bunch couldn't) then you shouldn't be horsing around- you should be professional 100%.

Come to think of it... maybe the best policy is to be professional 100% of the time anyway. You're not getting paid to create more patients and gunk up the backboards with street oil and mag chloride. Nor to hose down the FF's (although that's fairly harmless).

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

Do you honestly think that EMS providers are the only ones who do stupid things. Granted, these morons were stupid enough to video tape it and then have it posted on the internet. However, have anyone of you seen what doctors and nurses do in their off times? I have. I assure you, EMS providers aren't the only ones who do stupid things....and I could probably win the $10,000 grand prize if I would video tape some of it.