Most awkward/weird place for a call?

danieljones87

This has happened to me twice. Get called by the local hospital to respond to the wharf in town for a chest pain aboard a 40' fishing boat. We end up waiting for 45 minutes for the boat to arrive, then crawl into the tiniest cabin I've ever seen to get the Pt. out. At that point we now have to lift them up 6 feet from the deck to the wharf. As a side note I'm 6'5" tall and these cabins are only 5'5" at best, also I get sea sick so not a fun time :oops: . I contacted Coast Guard on one of the calls and they told me they'd be two hours responding :shock: so it was quicker for the Pt. to come to us.

Logrolling a fat pig farmer patients onto the spinebord in a pig pen at the local agricultural show.

He tried climbing the fence and fell knocking him self out when he hit the poll with his head.

Problem... Couldn’t find the spinebord, when we rolled him onto it, it sunk in the muck and other waste products lol. Pigs were still in the pen to... Everyone found it pretty funny except me and my partner who smelt lol... The fun at the show ay! But hey nothin rescue cant fix.

Had to climb up the fieriest wheel at the same show to an asthmatic patient. Fieriest wheel was jammed... Great timing!

If i send you some money will you take an english class ?

You don't need to be perfect, just type well enough that people can understand it. Enough of this lol s#it too.

Can't believe y'all haven't had the stripper twisting her ankle on the 8 inch stiletto heels while she was giving a lap dance. That was fun night!

Ran a call at a low rent strip club in Denver. Male patient got clocked in the forehead with a four inch heel when the "dancer" was executing some kind of roll over maneuver. Pt denied LOC, ETOH and pretty much everything else, including refusing transport. Mostly he seemed to be embarrassed as many of the patrons were making fun of him. I insured that the seen was safe for my medic. :)

Timmy, don't worry about your grammar and spelling. Anyone that takes the time to try to understand it can. I am proud of you for being involved in something worthwhile at your young age. And the lol's are ok, too! Some peple just feel the need to criticize anyone they can when they know they are imperfect themselves. And it was a funny story, pig shit does stink! Glad I wasn't there on that call with you!

Timmy, don't worry about your grammar and spelling. Anyone that takes the time to try to understand it can. I am proud of you for being involved in something worthwhile at your young age. And the lol's are ok, too! Some peple just feel the need to criticize anyone they can when they know they are imperfect themselves. And it was a funny story, pig Ca Ca does stink! Glad I wasn't there on that call with you!

I dont know about you, but I wouldn't want someone unable to type so that I can understand it, to respond to an MVA/medical emergency that I was involved in.

You shouldn't have to take time to re read something just to be able to comprehend what it is saying, unless the vocabulary is dense.

This, by the way, is coming from a 17 year old, so it's not like I'm some bitter old man sitting at home. I couldn't understand his post either.

Well, personally, if I am in an mva/ medical emergency I want anyone that understands how to use the equipment to respond. I won't be asking if he knows how to type well. I will be glad that he understands the concept of 'logroll' and how to use a spine board. And kudos to you, too, for being involved in ems at such a young age.

I dont know about you, but I wouldn't want someone unable to type so that I can understand it, to respond to an MVA/medical emergency that I was involved in.

You shouldn't have to take time to re read something just to be able to comprehend what it is saying, unless the vocabulary is dense.

This, by the way, is coming from a 17 year old, so it's not like I'm some bitter old man sitting at home. I couldn't understand his post either.

Geez....I was able to understand his post. :lol:

• Like 1

Well, personally, if I am in an mva/ medical emergency I want anyone that understands how to use the equipment to respond. I won't be asking if he knows how to type well. I will be glad that he understands the concept of 'logroll' and how to use a spine board. And kudos to you, too, for being involved in ems at such a young age.

Oh yeah me too, I'm just saying that there is usually at least some sort of correllation to the way someone types/speaks and the way they conduct themselves. Perhaps that's not the case with Timmy. Either way, I didnt' mean to be so harsh.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.