Any EMT-I classes left in NE Oklahoma or NW Arkansas?

KE5EHI

Well....Good Luck on finding an EMT-I class in Arkansas, the last I heard they were not going to test the I-99 and they are SLOWLY letting the old intermediates Die out, I have a Friend or two down at the State Division of EMS and I will try and confirm this for you, But I dont think you will have much luck in the land of opportunity.

I'm an instructor in Arkansas and we still teach I-85 I also go to the training commitee meetings and cancelling EMT-I cert was discussed and there is no plan to discontinue EMT-I cert at this time there is also no imediate plan to change to the 99 standard either.

The problem is there aren't many employment opportunities for I's in AR. If you check the Division's website there is a list of all training sites in AR

http://www.healthyarkansas.com/ems/ems_p3.html#Training

Thanks for the info guys. I've also been discussing brining in an EMT-I instructor for a small group of us if we can get one to do it. One of the local suburb fire depts did that not very long ago.

• 1 month later...

there's going to be a EMT-I class @ pioneer technology center in febuary in ponca city,ok. it's about a hour from tulsa, the instructor is a very good instructor, he's the one that taught my basic class, if you are still interested in the class you will need to speak with a molly k. @ the school send me a private message and i will give you her number and email, there still needing 1-3 more people so they can hold the class.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the info guys. I've also been discussing brining in an EMT-I instructor for a small group of us if we can get one to do it. One of the local suburb fire depts did that not very long ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Gauldin ~ KE5EHI

EMSA ~ Tulsa, OK

Oklahoma Weather Resource

Hey if this happens let me know because I would be very interested in doing this. I live in Edmond but would have no problem commuting to Tulsa a couple nights a week, even so I would like to get on EMSA in the Tulsa area upon graduating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...