what would you do???

On the heals of the would you keep the money or turn it in. Here's a different scenario

you are dispatched to a local nursing home and while you are putting the patient on the cot you knock over a small glass bauble onto the floor, it breaks into several pieces.

Do you tell someone or not?

to throw a wrench into the matter - the patient has significant dementia and you have transported her many many times before. She sees that you knocked over the bauble. She may or may not tell.

What would you do then?

1. Apologize to the patient for breaking her personal property

2. Notify the staff that we accidently broke a personal item

3. Notify my supervisor of the incident

As minor as it might seem to some, it might not be so minor to the patient or family. I do this, I know I cover myself either way, and I won't feel as bad about the whole situation...

What the hell is a small glass bauble?

In any event I would blame it on, in no strategic order.

Blame it on my partner......

Blame it on her.......

Blame it on my supervisor......

blame it on the staff....

We usually blame it on the FD or PD

(Joking)

to throw a wrench into the matter

While you're at it, don't forget to throw that wrench - hard - at the ceiling-mounted video camera, too.

Oh, that might not work:

In a recent case, 28-year-old Craig Moore, an engineer from South Yorkshire, ran into trouble when, in the words of a spokesman for the Greater Manchester Police, “instead of just accepting that he had been caught traveling above the speed limit, Moore decided to blow the camera apart.”

Using thermite, a pyrotechnic substance often used in underwater welding, Mr. Moore succeeded in wrecking the camera, but its hard drive survived — along with videotape of his van driving toward it and then driving away, as the picture dissolved in a cloud of fiery sparks. He was sentenced to four months in jail.

While you're at it, don't forget to throw that wrench - hard - at the ceiling-mounted video camera, too.

Oh, that might not work:

In a recent case, 28-year-old Craig Moore, an engineer from South Yorkshire, ran into trouble when, in the words of a spokesman for the Greater Manchester Police, “instead of just accepting that he had been caught traveling above the speed limit, Moore decided to blow the camera apart.”

Using thermite, a pyrotechnic substance often used in underwater welding, Mr. Moore succeeded in wrecking the camera, but its hard drive survived — along with videotape of his van driving toward it and then driving away, as the picture dissolved in a cloud of fiery sparks. He was sentenced to four months in jail.

milton.gif

I'd burn the place down.

I take the money from the drugs, that AK posted ... and buy her a new bauble...

Yeah, combine that with ncmedic309's comprehensive plan, and you have my answer.

Although, I think there is definitely something to be said for blaming the firemonkeys. As long as somebody gets blamed, that's all that really matters, isn't it? At least, that's what I learned in supervisor training. :lol:

Oh and... minus 5 for posting in the wrong forum. And minus 5 for a horribly inappropriate subject title. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.