Transition from street to ER

becksdad

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scorpy_CFS- If you’re a fully qualified paramedic then there should be heaps of jobs available. Industrial companies are always screaming out for paramedics. I know of a company in NT who do open cut mining, there always looking for medics. It’s a damn good job as well, pays extremely well and they really look after you.

There’s also a few private companies that always look for medics,EMT’s or responders.

I know your aiming to get into SAAS but maybe you need to look outside the square. Maybe SA don’t have a need for more paramedics but other states certainly do.

RAV have 8 paramedic positions and a few MICA positions vacant at the moment…

Well said Timmy.....

I dont know where this perception of pre-hospital Care starts and stops with the 000 services in this country. You dont have to be on an ambulance with red and blues to be a paramedic. The pre-hospital care indistry is not usually given a thought of, even though they a screaming for educated staff

[EDITED]

...ya know what Bushy... I had this whole massive essay written out defending my position, and I even posted it for ten minutes. But then I thought to myself, "Why do I need to explain myself to you?"

And then I realised I didn't. I, and everyone who knows my situation is aware that my views on the matter are justisfied and you Bushy just do not know me nor my circumstances enough to merit the right to comment. So I'll save you the read and leave it there. I don't care if you believe me when I say how off base you are, and that's why I edited my post and why I don't have a stomache ulser. Because I know when to say that I just don't give a toss.

Bushy, i understand your pain, but you may have read to far into Scorpys post that might simply be a 5 second rant borne out of frustration

Scorpy, you played right into Bushys comments....part of me thinks Bushy might be right

"Why do I need to explain myself to you?" And then I realised I didn't.

Well, thats fair enough, but be warned, you whinge in public forums, you get judged and what people interpret fom your post may not be what you meant

Bushy, i understand your pain, but you may have read to far into Scorpys post that might simply be a 5 second rant borne out of frustration

lol, thats more than possible

Though i dont understand what he then felt he had to defend himself over, i opened my mouth he answered back, it was all done. My secoind post about the paramedicine starting and stopping with 000 services was a general comment

Dustdevil: Im catching up on posts here so this is late in coming but I stand behind my assertion that in a lot of places(in america) certified EMTs and Paramedics are and will be in demand.

You are well aware nobody is beating down the doors to be medics.

There is nothing fastasy like about the situation.

With every best wish,

Somedic

Bushy, if you are legitimately interested in what has turned me from being 'a little helper' into a contender for 'Australian Cynic of the Year' then feel free to email me personally and I will hook you up. It's not all that interesting to read the lives of other people which is why I took my post down but if you are truely keen to hear reason after reason why: I dislike SAAS so much, I can't get in, what I went through to get to this place, the other stuff I've done, and above all, why I feel my comments are necessary then you may contact me. But if not, then that's cool. I just don't think judging a few lines of my written beliefs qualify you to discuss my overall attitude. Nor do I feel that a current student should judge the perceptions on what a qualifies an Australian 'Paramedic' until you finish your course because I said the same thing as you until I left the course and realised I had nothing and had to fight to keep my pride. My catch phrase at the hospital now, "If I'd done a degree in underwater basket weaving, at least I could have gotten a job as an underwater basket weaver."