I took this photo before EMT class

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Vincent's Downtown, HOS-21, ambulances come, drop off the patient, spend about 20-25 mins on clean up, go back in service. What's your point, Magic? 21 is busy, and works in a pinch as a trauma center, but you're still better off making the trip to Bellevue if your patient is going south.

21 usually has two or three ambulances parked outside, not all of them are dropping off patients. The actual ambulance bay is a small little two ambulance entrance on the left, which is a pain in the ass to park in when 7th is at all busy.

I'll take a photo of when Bell gets back up sometime. That is a cluster fuck and a half.

2 or 3 of em are usually just sitting there not being used. St. Vincents D has 1 BLS and 2 ALS units working each tour. Bellevue... you know I use to have trouble finding their entrance. When are they going to fix that back alley of a road. Although I heard it's actually a lot better than before.

Well, have fun on 6king... hehe. At least you won't find yourself bored from doing nothing.

Yes AKROEZE, there is something different there, compared to Calgary, the medics babysit their pt's because the ED is so gall darn short of nurses/staff to support this, each Hospital in Calgary is getting a face lift, thats nice but what I want to see is less time in the waiting rooms both for people coming in and in the ED, because the more medics are in the ED doing this, leaves the streets more vunerable to more who wont get the much needed medical, they will have to pull another ambulance out of another district to cover the one already out of service.

I think we're in for a CRISIS and its NOT going to get better only WORSE.

Yes AKROEZE, there is something different there, compared to Calgary, the medics babysit their pt's because the ED is so gall darn short of nurses/staff to support this, each Hospital in Calgary is getting a face lift, thats nice but what I want to see is less time in the waiting rooms both for people coming in and in the ED, because the more medics are in the ED doing this, leaves the streets more vunerable to more who wont get the much needed medical, they will have to pull another ambulance out of another district to cover the one already out of service.

I think we're in for a CRISIS and its NOT going to get better only WORSE.

Oh, I guess that picture says a lot more to you than it does to me :shock:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.