Zoll Nomad System

Our company installed the Zoll Nomad system. So far, I am very impressed with this. It has really simplified my shift. Does anyone else have these and what do you think about it. We are also getting a toughbook laptop in their as well.

In case you don't know what the Nomad system is, it is a Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) type system.

We have them here Doc. Love it ! Excellent for routing ( yes, I have already done several road studies, but there's always that street you missed) and dispatch info.

You will learn to love the toughbook. It takes a bit to get used too, but we use it county wide with few complaints.

Take care. :D

• 11 months later...

We use TabletPCR and RescueNet Dispatch/Billing both from Zoll. Mostly happy, occasional bugs as with anything, and fast responses from Zoll. Most medics are very comfortable with it, even the technology resistant.

We don't use Nomad, we use Facilis as our MDT. I am interested in hearing more about your Nomad experience.

• 1 month later...

We use it and I love it. It has its problems, but for the most part it is very handy. Like was said already, cuts down on radio traffic (with 36 trucks, that really helps). Mapping is decent. We train new employees not to use it, but it can be a nice aid in some cases.

We have the entire Zoll Rescue Net / RightCAD / Sanitas / Nomad / EMSPro / ZDC system and have been using it for over 4 years.

I Have have never used another dispatch platform, but this one has its bugs and the SSM module inst all that well built, Candidate Ranking only operates "as the crow flies" but overall, it is a good dispatch suite and was easy for me to pickup and it interfaces with ProQA very well.

Nomad is a love it when it works, hate it when we don't have it thing and i think alot of it is the result of our hardware, not the program. We have NEC PocketPC's that were old technology when we got them 5 years ago. they take alot of abuse as they have cables coming off of them in every direction. end of next month we are getting a new piece of hardware that is the official hardware device for nomad and from the dealings i have had with the device so far, seems robust enough to hammer in nails and probably about 72% EMS-proof.

EMSPro is an excellent program and is very easy to learn how to use and i absolutely love the ZDC module where we upload all information from our Zoll's directly into the monitor and saves a ton of time in the documentation process...

We have the system deployed in about 75 ambulances, 3 rotor wing sites and 1 fixed wing site along with our emergency response teams at the Mayo Clinic.

I guess i would recommend the Zoll RescueNet suite to other agencies, but make sure you have adequate IT support as it will require at least 1 FTE to support a medium sized agency.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.