titanium rings....

jaded18

It seems that titanium is becoming more and more popular as a jewlery medium, and it's occured to me that if an EMT needed to get one of these things off in the field it would be difficult at best. Can one simply use a ring cutter on titanium? :?:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I heard that if you drop a bottle of nitro spray, it will blow a crater the size of a football field! Is this true??

By the way, if you forward this to everybody in your address book in the next fifteen minutes, Bill Gates will give you a free computer!!

:lol:

Hey, I heard that if you drop a bottle of nitro spray, it will blow a crater the size of a football field! Is this true??

By the way, if you forward this to everybody in your address book in the next fifteen minutes, Bill Gates will give you a free computer!!

:lol:

I dropped a crate of the stuff the other day, took out the station and set a city block on fire. True story.

It seems that titanium is becoming more and more popular as a jewlery medium, and it's occured to me that if an EMT needed to get one of these things off in the field it would be difficult at best. Can one simply use a ring cutter on titanium? :?:

Follow this equation...

Odds of actually using a ring cutter in the field

X

Odds of the patient having a titanium ring

=

You don't need to worry about it

I have never heard of one used ever, let alone seen one. Concentrate on your studies, and worry less about a ring cutter with the POWER TO CUT TITANIUM!!!!

:roll:

i agree I've been in EMS for 15 years 8 of them being in the ER/ambulance and I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen our ring cutters used and the only time I've seen them used is to remove the ring due to damage to the finger the ring is on.

Otherwise you have many other ways of removing the rings. KY jelly, vaseline, string method and just good ole fashione - "hey patient, take your own dang ring off"

I dropped a crate of the stuff the other day, took out the station and set a city block on fire. True story.

please explain id like to hear this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.