10 lead?

donedeal

Leads I, II, and III are bipolar limb leads. They use a positive and negative pole to view the activity.

Leads aVR, aVL, and aVF are unipolar limb leads. They use a single positive pole to view activity.

The ECG calculates the location of little to no electrical activity and uses this site as the negative electrode.

Electrical activity(EA) in lead I + EA lead III = EA lead II, or (lead I + III) - II = 0

The precordial leads use the same central terminal(CT) for their negative electrode.

If you want more information than this, look for Einthoven's law.

Leads I, II, and III are bipolar limb leads. They use a positive and negative pole to view the activity.

Leads aVR, aVL, and aVF are unipolar limb leads. They use a single positive pole to view activity.

The ECG calculates the location of little to no electrical activity and uses this site as the negative electrode.

Electrical activity(EA) in lead I + EA lead III = EA lead II, or (lead I + III) - II = 0

The precordial leads use the same central terminal(CT) for their negative electrode.

If you want more information than this, look for Einthoven's law.

WINNER!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.