What type of bleeding?

I was watching a video with a bunch of bonehead backyard wrestlers and had a question about an injury.

One of the guys got a pretty good lac on his left arm about 2 1/2-3 inches below the inside of his elbow. It was bleeding freely, then suddenly a stream appeared. It arced from the injury about 6-8 inches in the air, perhaps slightly more (where of course he drank it). The stream was approximately 1/8 of an inch in diameter and steady for 3 or 4 seconds, maybe more but the vid ended.

As Basics we were taught the difference between capillary, venous, arterial bleeding. It seems it must have been venous as it didn't pulse, but it seemed to be under so much pressure for such a long time it made me wonder...

Venous right? Or is there some dynamic here I'm missing? Probably a silly question, but....there you have it.

Yeah, I'm in A&P and now the proud owner of the names of all the bone and their landmarks, (yeppers Dust, even the carpals and tarsals!) but haven't gotten into the circulatory system yet...

Thanks all, Have a great day!

Dwayne

So it went from freely bleeding to spurting in the air?

Did he touch it or do anything to make it do that?

Considering he drank it, it was probly a camera trick.

I think he was dinking with it trying to make it bleed. Pretty sure it's not a camera trick, though I'm not very sophisticated where that is concerned.

Yeah, went from bleeding freely to arcing.

I will try and find the link and post it here.

Dwayne

EDIT: Here is the link. http://www.uniquepeek.com/viewpage.php?page_id=188

WOW! Apart from that being so fake. Let me list some injury’s that come to mind.

- C-Spine # possibly C3/C4

- Blunt Head Trauma

- Cranial Hemorrhage

- Hemothorax

- Traumatic Chest Injury’s

- Possibly # legs and arms.

- That guy could possibly attract some form of infection from all that other guys blood and him having wounds doesn’t help!

Even though the guy licked his wound there was too much time in between. It was of spurted pretty much straight away otherwise.

And the good old duck tape job LMAO!!!!!!!

In conclusion I think that video is so fake it’s not funny!! God I love backyard wrestling…

Just my opinion.

One word can sum that video up: Idiots. People that do that need to get a real life. It's totally fake. Who is going to sit there and let someone smash flourscent bulbs over their bare back.? I don't care how tired you are. Basic instinct is going to kick in and you're going to get your arse up. As for the spurting blood, it seems convenient that the bleeding is coming from a spot right next to his elbow pad (where a supple of fake blood could conveniently be hidden). I can't say for sure, but if I had to put my money on it I would place it on a fake bleed.

yea, that was pretty cool. i love watching people making videos of themselves doing stupid things. well i think he lost a sig... amount of blood. dont think its real becuase there would be some indications of ams or hypovolemic shock, anything. but it was funny none the less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.