My wife feels cold

brock8024

That is awesome ERdoc. See in our book it tells us not to active rewarm due to the possibility of vascular colapse due to vasodilation. See this is a great reason to have doctors on here. So we should try to rewarm but carefully i guess.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be careful with active rewarming if you don't have an IV established. Yes, you can cause a bad case of vasodilation, which you can compensate for with fluids. Pressors would be good too if you have them. You do need to be careful with the fluids. If the pt is too hyponatremic you can cause CPM (I'll let you Google it if you don't know what it is).

Dopamine?

What would we do without ERDoc to cut and paste for us? :P

Why do you think I spent so much time and money on medical school. I have mastered the art of cut and paste!!! By the way, anyone know what MD REALLY stands for?

• 2 weeks later...

ERDoc: if you were a paramedic with, say, a 15-minute ETA to the ER, would you hold off on pacing this patient? I'm thinking that I would be less aggressive in my treatment and just try to warm the patient and see how they respond to that before pacing them or giving them epi. Couldn't pacing a hypothermic patient cause their heart to go into VF?