JPINFV

Are you vaccinated  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• I have all of my shots and get a yearly PPD or x-ray every 3 years
    • I have almost all of my shots
    • The only vaccines I have had are those required for grade school
    • Vaccines are a terrorist conspiracy to steal our natural bodily fluids

Every so often someone gets the "gloves v no gloves" debate going for the non-icky patients. It never fails that someone throws out Hep, AIDs, etc.

It got me to thinking, though. How many of us have had our shots and do regular maintance. Do you have your Hep A, Hep B, and meningitis vaccines? When was your last PPD (or chest x-ray if your PPD is positive)? If not, why not? Should these be considered standard requirements to get and maintain a cert/license?

(For the record, I have meningitis vaccine because I was in the dorms freshman year and my school requires Hep B, but student health offered a Hep A/B combo series, so I got that. I get a yearly PPD because I do research at the school's med center).

My local EMS contracts with the employee health division of the local hospital to maintain personnel up to date on immunizations. We are converting over to a program where I will assist in this as well, and will maintain immunizations up to date, in house. Employees are required to receive the usual preventive immunizations (unless, employee refuse and signs release statement).

We also provide flu immunizations as well. Exposure control is still and will be handled through the infection control and employee health.

We require bi-annual ( minimum twice a year) ppd, and as well after exposure, since we have several reported active cases of Tb.

It is are state requirement as a health employee, ( I understood it to be a NIOSH requirement) Students are requires to have the usual vaccine and immunization(s) prior to any clinical and patient exposure. Our local hospital requires more than the usual vaccines, and we have a label system to make sure that all students have their immunizations, prior to any clinical activities

R/r 911

Since we are quasi hospital based, we follow all the same rules as do the inside employees.

Once a year, nurses from the hospital's Occupational Medicine Department show up, and give out/read PPDs. If you don't work those days, you must go into the office to get it done. If you don't get it done by a certain date, don't expect to work. Since I am in the hospital's college, I recently got boostered and/or checked for 'everything'.

At my part-time, they don't know what PPD means.

Do you have your Hep A, Hep B, and meningitis vaccines? When was your last PPD (or chest x-ray if your PPD is positive)? If not, why not? Should these be considered standard requirements to get and maintain a cert/license?

O S H A

Look into their requirements for this. You'd be suprised.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.