Looking for an old EMS item

ptfd121

I posted this in the classified section but it hasn't been looked at to much, so I'll try here.

I am looking for a vintage uniform shirt. I believe it was made by Dynamed. I have been told it was made in the late 70's or 80's. They were a smock type shirt that zipped up and usually came in either blue, white, or orange and had either blue or white sleeves. I have a small collection of antique E.M.S. equipment, and would like to find a shirt before Oct. 8th as we are having an open house at the fire station with a historical display.

If anyone out there has one they want to sell, email me at :

ladder121@horizonview.net

Email me a picture and the price you are asking for the shirt and I'll get back with you.

Thanks

Dan Gilmore

Firefighter/Medic

PLain Township F.D.

Medic, Medflight of Ohio

I'm glad I clicked on this post! I beleive we might have something at our station. We have a meeting tomarrow night and I will ask. We might even have an old orange coat as well. I will find out and email you!!

That would be great! I have been searching everywhere for these things. I've tried every thrift store in central Ohio, stopped by many fire/EMS departments and knowbody seems to have kept them.

If you do have some and are interested in selling them, let me know.

Many thanks

Dan

I'm glad I clicked on this post! I beleive we might have something at our station. We have a meeting tomarrow night and I will ask. We might even have an old orange coat as well. I will find out and email you!!

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks again for sending me the shirt! I can't wait to get it. That will go great in the display. I owe you one!

Thanks again.

Dan

There were several models of the DynaMed smock. The original one from the early-mid 70's was a poly-cotton blend that was actually pretty comfortable, once washed a few times. Navy blue body with white sleeves and a white zipper down the middle. The short sleeves had red, white, and blue stripes, with the white being reflective. There was a chest pocket with a square SOL patch on it (like the one on my Left sleeve in my 1973 photo in my gallery), and two front hip patch pockets. They were all the rage in the mid to late 1970's. It was followed shortly by an orange version with the same markings and white sleeves. Sometime in the mid 1980's (maybe a bit earlier), they came out with a solid white version, still with the goofy sleelve stripes. If it was polyester, I am unaware of it. I never had one.

I did have one of the original blue ones. I probably still have it somewhere in my mother's attic, but I wouldn't know where to begin looking, even if I were home. I hope you find one! It does, indeed, belong in a historical display. They were ubiquitous in the 70's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.